NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

They'll probably still use "Broncos star" even though he has left.

They did the same with Hopoate when he got in trouble, even though he was never a star and was no longer contracted.

We could offer him a base wage if Souffs cut his contract.
Milford: Mr Walters I was just going through your garbage and I couldn't help overhearing you have a few spots in your squad of 30. Of course, being a highly-skilled playmaker, my fee is 1 million dollars a season.

Kevie: We pay $8 a game and you get these two buy one get one free Big Mac coupons.

Milford: Three.

Kevie: Two.

Milford: Okay, Two. And I get to keep this old birdcage!

Kevie: Done!

Milford: Still got it!

What would be the harm in signing him on minimum wage?

No risk move. If he shits the bed, we're only paying him minimum wage. No harm done. If he resurrects his career, again we're only paying minimum wage and have got ourselves a bargain.

He wouldn't be replacing anyone in the top 30 that's a realistic chance of playing next season, anyway. Plus we could get him for less than 100k.

What would be the harm in signing him on minimum wage?

No risk move. If he shits the bed, we're only paying him minimum wage. No harm done. If he resurrects his career, again we're only paying minimum wage and have got ourselves a bargain.

He wouldn't be replacing anyone in the top 30 that's a realistic chance of playing next season, anyway. Plus we could get him for less than 100k.

Because he’s lazy and full of excuses.

If he couldn’t do it on a million a year, there’s no way he’ll do it on base wage, at least not here.

I also think he’s not a healthy presence amongst the playing group with his attitude

Both he and the club need him elsewhere

Because he’s lazy and full of excuses.

If he couldn’t do it on a million a year, there’s no way he’ll do it on base wage, at least not here.

I also think he’s not a healthy presence amongst the playing group with his attitude

Both he and the club need him elsewhere

If that were the case, we never would have seen such a visible improvement in both him and the side at the back end of the season.

But even if he does shit the bed or has a negative impact on the squad, he's only going to be on minimum wage so you just simply offload him. But on the other hand the potential for upside is there because Reynolds wants him at the club and with Reynolds taking him under his wing and getting in his ear, he could be a positive influence on Milford.

It's a no risk, potential for high reward move and if it doesn't work out, again he's only going to be on minimum wage.

done and dusted for milford though right he either is playing for souths or the nrl dont register his contract?

If that were the case, we never would have seen such a visible improvement in both him and the side at the back end of the season.

But even if he does shit the bed or has a negative impact on the squad, he's only going to be on minimum wage so you just simply offload him. But on the other hand the potential for upside is there because Reynolds wants him at the club and with Reynolds taking him under his wing and getting in his ear, he could be a positive influence on Milford.

It's a no risk, potential for high reward move and if it doesn't work out, again he's only going to be on minimum wage.

What do you expect Reynolds to say?

"I'm glad he's going, never wanted to play with him"?

Come on we both know he's just playing the PR game a bit there. He may want Milford around as we all know he's got the talent as well as the chance for a Walker-esque combo with him, but he also hasn't been in a team with him, so I trust Kev and Ikin more to say thanks but no thanks.

He'll probably end up at Redcliffe in 23 anyway - it might sound petty, but why should we be the club to potentially prime him for our new rival?

Don't give treats to a bad dog.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Interesting you say Reynolds wants him at the club.......I haven't read that anywhere. If true, then that should signal something to Benny Ikin, IF Milford doesn't end up going to Souths.

Like you say....offering him a low ball contract is a win/win as far as I can tell, with the upside being a whole lot greater than what the down side could be.

All this talk about his "bad behaviour" .......other than this incident with his Mrs.....what other bad behaviour are we talking about?

All this talk about him stinking it up (by choice...it appears is the insinuation) .......is it a coincidence that when Milford started to look good again in the last few rounds this season.......the team as a whole was also looking the goods again?
Early rounds of 2020.......Milford was looking good, as was the entire team. I'm not saying he's blameless.......but the entire club was as shitful as Milford was during his few last years with us.

Oh thats right....he was on a miilllliionnn dollars, he's expected to carry the entire club.
Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA

Interesting you say Reynolds wants him at the club.......I haven't read that anywhere. If true, then that should signal something to Benny Ikin, IF Milford doesn't end up going to Souths.

Like you say....offering him a low ball contract is a win/win as far as I can tell, with the upside being a whole lot greater than what the down side could be.

All this talk about his "bad behaviour" .......other than this incident with his Mrs.....what other bad behaviour are we talking about?

All this talk about him stinking it up (by choice...it appears is the insinuation) .......is it a coincidence that when Milford started to look good again in the last few rounds this season.......the team as a whole was also looking the goods again?
Early rounds of 2020.......Milford was looking good, as was the entire team. I'm not saying he's blameless.......but the entire club was as shitful as Milford was during his few last years with us.

Oh thats right....he was on a miilllliionnn dollars, he's expected to carry the entire club.
Over It Ugh GIF by NBPA
Stockholm Syndrome.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maddy
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brocko
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wild Horse
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • winslow_wong
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.