Milford for 2014

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Milfords form is too good to simply put down to a hot streak. He is carving open teams, including storm and manly even when his team is well beaten. He proved today against manly his defence is good enough to be in the front line as well. If he can keep this form up next year he is going to need a spot in the qld team. Would this end barbas chances if milford is our man for the bench? Would be very interesting to see where he would slot in.

Yeah I can't see Milford making Origin next year. As it is they'll probably have to keep DCE on the bench. The lack of form and injury of Barba this year probably puts less pressure on them to include him, but if he comes to Brisbane and plays well early next year then he'll be pushing a spot too.

in 3 years we could have this:

1. Inglis/Barba
3. Inglis (if Barba at 1)
4. Chambers
6. Milford
7. Cherry-Evans
14. Barba

colour me excited!

Indeed a future backline like that is very exciting.

Unclear who the wingers would be though. Edrick Lee on one I suppose.

Edrick Lee at left centre with Inglis at fullback.

Once Griffin is done with him, he won't be anywhere near the Maroons.

Homer: [singing] Oh Mindy, you came and you gave without flaking,
But I sent you Ben Gay.
Oh Andy, you kissed me and stopped me from something,
And I -- [sees Lisa watching] Uh oh.
Lisa : Dad, why are you singing?
Brain: Tell a lie, tell a lie.
Homer: Um, because I have a small role in a broadway musical.
It's not much, but it's a start.
Brain: Bravo. [sarcastic clapping]

Is this serious?? Milford to play for QLD next year??

Is this serious?? Milford to play for QLD next year??

Dead serious. I cant see a reason to not play him if he keeps up the form. Look at barba, dally m last year, we didnt play him, then it goes to shit for him this year. Gotta pick em while they are hot, and milford is in possibly the best form i have seen from someone so young, especially against the quality opposition he has faced. i know its early, but what i am saying is, if he keeps up the form, the question is not "do we pick him", its "where?"

Im a fan of, "if you're good enough, you're old enough". Why not play the best when u can. Seems ludicrous to write him off because of his age.

I'm not writing him off because of his age. I'm writing him off because has played a handful of good games. We have no position in the side for him. Maybe we could revisit this before Origin next year if he is completely dominating the competition.

well yeh, thats what im saying.. if hes still playing with this kind of form, we would have to find a spot. the kid is a future superstar regardless, will be there eventually but id love to see him get a shot in 2014 if he can maintain this form

Doubt the selectors will agree. They couldn't find a spot for Barba when he was in Dally M medal form so doubt they will find a spot for Milford at this stage.

Very little chance, who in this current Queensland team would you drop?. He will only come in if worst case scenario strikes

He is a great talent and his time will come, for now he needs to keep up his strong form and avoid the second year syndrome.

Thread title is misleading lol I thought it had been confirmed he's with us next year.

(I only go to the new posts so the topic location is hard to judge )

Milford has to mend some bridges from emerging camp this year.

Adding to the fact he hasn't done enough to warrant making a team that hasn't been beaten for 9 years.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • eggstar10
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Organix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.