Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Milford primed for 6 of the best next to Croft
broncos.com.au
Wed 18 Dec 2019, 09:44 AM

Anthony Milford says he is primed to return to the No.6 jersey after a preseason underlined by extra work on his fitness and the introduction of new halfback Brodie Croft.

Milford said off-season discussions with coach Anthony Seibold settled on five-eighth as his best position in the Broncos’ 2020 line-up -something he was more than happy with.

“It was a conversation I had with Seibs about where I fit best into the team .. and we came to an agreement that I go back to 6, and give Jamayne (Isaako) a shot at fullback which is a position that he really feels comfortable in,” said Milford.

“I was happy to make to 6 which is where I was originally signed at.

“Having (new halfback) Brodie Croft there will settle me down more … just let him steer the boys around the park and I have to pop up and create opportunities.”

“I’ve been doing a lot of running and I’m pretty stoked with where I am personally at the moment. I’m glad I came in early and just set a foundation for the new year.”

Milford said the team was working hard under Seibold’s first full preseason with the Broncos.

“Every day we are getting better and we are headed in the right direction – everyone is jumping on board with what is going on,” said Milford.

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...H4kVDfaBR4K0XwNkp6QuX6dDNFPd7Qn_lA1d8YVM4EpUk

Sounds like Milf's head is in the right place for next season.

Could just be the angle but he looks to have put some size on (the good kind).

Definitely looking as fit as he has been since 2015. I know he has had injuries etc. But I do find it funny that he got progressively fatter / worse under Wayne Bennett. His best year was 2015 / early parts of 16. Most of our players are looking as fit / strong as ever this preseason so starting to believe what Seibold said about the team being out of condition in 2019 when he arrived.

Pressure is on in 2020 with the squad looking fit. Hopefully the best 17 is picked, and they can stay on the park without injuries.

Well thankfully we can put Milford's return to 5/8 to bed now for any of the stragglers out there that were still not convinced it was happening.

bUt MiLfOrD iS a FuLlBaCk
[automerge]1576630640[/automerge]
great signs - lets see if the talk is walked. Looking much fitter than in any year previous.

Last edited:
Definitely looking as fit as he has been since 2015. I know he has had injuries etc. But I do find it funny that he got progressively fatter / worse under Wayne Bennett. His best year was 2015 / early parts of 16. Most of our players are looking as fit / strong as ever this preseason so starting to believe what Seibold said about the team being out of condition in 2019 when he arrived.

Pressure is on in 2020 with the squad looking fit. Hopefully the best 17 is picked, and they can stay on the park without injuries.
He's had his arm in a sling at this stage of the December 2017 & 2018 pre-seasons tbf and he was our best player under WB last year.

He's had his arm in a sling at this stage of the December 2017 & 2018 pre-seasons tbf and he was our best player under WB last year.
It’s almost Christmas, have a spell. You don’t have to defend Milford every time someone questions his application and work ethic, because quite simply, with all the staff telling him how to rehab, what to eat, when to eat etc., that’s all his conditioning comes down to.

Lockyer blew his knee out and came back just as fit. Hodges had hamstrings made of silk and always came back in shape. Professionals come back from injury in good condition, ill disciplined people don’t.

Regardless, it is good to see Milf looking trim. I hope it translates into a return to his 2015 form!

Last edited:
It’s almost Christmas, have a spell. You don’t have to defend Milford every time someone questions his application and work ethic, because quite simply, with all the staff telling him how to rehab, what to eat, when to eat etc., that’s all his conditioning comes down to.

Lockyer blew his knee out and came back just as fit. Hodges had hamstrings made of silk and always came back in shape. Professionals come back from injury in good condition, ill disciplined people don’t.

Regardless, it is good to see Milf looking trim. I hope it translates into a return to his 2015 form!
Is any of what I said incorrect?

Are they still training with the rap music or whatever it was thumping along in the background?

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.