NEWS Milford primed for 6 of the best next to Croft

I think we tried to get him doing it. He pretty much seemed to take over our kicking options.
He did, but I wasn't impressed with the "organising" side of it. It was more like the ball came to him on the 5th and he succesfully got rid of it.

I want to believe Croft will make everything click, but it's not the first time we've heard that with Milford:

Occam's razor right here, folks.

Hmmm ... I'm sure there's an oxymoron or maybe 2 in there as well ... Might check with @broncsgoat ... or maybe not :happy:

Last edited:

If you wanted any more proof that Mole has literally no idea what he's talking about, he released an article this morning saying Milford will start the season at Fullback with Croft & Dearden in the halves, Boyd on the wing and Isaako in QCUP.

LOL

The mole with the scoop this morning:
"But it now seems the Broncos will play the enigmatic Anthony Milford in his preferred spot of fullback and Kotoni Staggs and Jack Bird, back from injury, in the centres. Jamayne Isaako is also in the mix.

New buy Brodie Croft is likely to partner Tom Dearden in the halves, leaving wing as the only spot left for Boyd."

The club has already come out and stated that Milf will be in the halves and Isaako will get first shot at fullback.

The Mole, enough said.

I'm sure the Mole used to get great scoops a few years ago, but lately jesus..he sounds like your crazy uncle..

Who is the Mole? ... Erin Molan. 😶
[automerge]1577142336[/automerge]
when people stop spreading fake news I’ll be able to ‘have a spell’ from defending him.
You change your name to BroncosTrump.

Last edited:
I can't agree. Sandow never took a team to a final series let a lone a grand final. He had an exciting play in him on occasion but that was it. I don't even know what Sandow is doing now and if it is even in rugby league.

Playing for Moranbah Miners in the Mackay Comp last couple of years

I think people are too hard on Milf much of the time, and discount his improvement over the past few years, namely his kicking game. Since Ben Hunt left he really hasn't much support managing the team, and creating opportunities for fellow players. I was watching his 2015/6 highlight reel and at his peak I think he's better than any 5/8 currently playing the game. I think his game management is underrated too, he just hasn't had the brains around him to help implement it. Plus the guy can pot a field goal from anywhere.
Comparisons with Lockyer are unfair, and it seems many have forgotten that in the couple years prior to our 2016 premiership Lockyer was under intense scrutiny to the point he wasn't going to picked for Origin. In fact his 5/8 play was considered to be a failure at first. Also it's important to mention he had a forward pack that contained Thorn, Webcke, Civoniceva, Carrol, Berrigan, Thaiday, Parker, and Carlaw, and a backline that had Hunt, Tate, Hodges and Boyd - essentially a team of internationals with massive origin and Test experience. Most of whom were at the peak of their powers, or nearing it.
Milfs kicking in general play has improved by leaps and bounds, and his skill level has never been in any doubt. He's just been in a team that hasn't been getting over the advantage line as much as we need for his game to shine. It looked like this past year he was carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders and you could see his game suffer for it. With another year under this young teams belt, a new halfback (who I personally think is a great addition), and what appears a commitment from him to get fit and show his mettle and haters wrong, I'm predicting a great year (baring injury) for him. At his best he is Australian rep worthy, and if you asked me to pick between him and any other 5/8 in the comp, I'd choose Mile without doubt.

An off contract Milf is a dangerous Milf and probably the most dangerous 6 in the game.

We just need to somehow sign him to 1 year deals and we are set.

I think one starts with the premise that Milford is a supremely talented footballer who has been our best player more or less since 2015. He just has to be in the side.

Second, it's not so much as you say that "He kind of stayed in the side by default at times due to our lack of options", rather, precisely because of our lack of options in key positions, Milford was forced to do them all and at the same time, which was rather stupid and accounted for any shortcomings in his 2019 performance.

Given a quality half and a decent hooker I believe he will as others say, excel in 2020.

I’ve had some decent hookers in my time and let me tell you, it didn’t always mean I ‘performed’ at an optimal level so I’ll cut Milford some slack

Active Now

• Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.