NEWS Milford: thanks, you've been great

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
MILF glances up from his Double Zinger Stacker Burger and offers these words of heartfelt gratitude:

“Thank you for sticking with us. There are brighter times ahead. Hopefully we can put on a performance on this weekend everyone is proud of. What we dished up on the weekend (in a loss to the Titans) wasn’t Broncos style but just hang with us. We want to be doing our best for you. It has been a big, long month for us and personally. It’s a tough old slog. The big thing is we’re all sticking together and we know what we’re doing wrong. We’re trying to fix that at training.’’

B3a0515a5a6b7b13d8f7952997c4c6d5

It made him feel not good.

On losing to the Titans: “That was hard. It made me feel not good. It’s our fault and we just need to get out of this mess at the moment.’’

Corey Oates adds:

“I just want to let the Broncos fans know we are trying our guts out. No one hates losing more than me. I love the Broncos jumper and we understand the responsibility of playing well for this club with its history. There’s no doubt our confidence is down but there’s a long way to go in this season. Don’t write us off yet.’’

Then superhuman old boy Brent Tate gets wheeled out to add some authority:

“It starts with your senior players. In 2006 we lost five in a row but we got on the back of the Darren Lockyer’s and Brad Thorn’s and Shane Webcke’s. As young kids we just followed them. The experienced guys have got to be the ones who lead them out of it. Its players like Anthony Milford, Darius Boyd and Joe Ofahengaue who has played Test footy and Origin footy and Matt Lodge. They have to show the way. "

"Pat Carrigan and those guys are good kids and they are going to be good leaders but it is a big ask to expect them to lead the way at this time. The guys with the scars know the way out. Once they get going the Carrigan’s and company will follow them and that is how they get their scars. You are never that far off. If we were talking about the Warriors it is a different conversation but this Broncos team is not that far off.’’

4029216 1x1 940x940

Pay attention Darius

“We had Shaun Berrigan playing hooker defending in the centres, David Stagg playing in the middle and the centres. Karmichael Hunt had come back from injury and playing on the wing. It was not smooth sailing. But that side had a steel about it and knew where it was going to go.’ I saw the comments from Wayne Bennett saying the Broncos have a very good roster and they actually do. They have a roster that could win a premiership. After the first couple of rounds I thought “this team is ready.’ Sometimes it can all get lost but this team could win the comp if they were all playing well."

“There is no formula for getting out of the form slump they are in. No secret. You have to hunker down as a group. You have to work hard and fire your way out of it. It is as simple as that.’’

Simple as that.

McHunt

Broncos just don’t have enough heart to dig out strong attacking teams even the Titans made them look like Rookies
[automerge]1593825391[/automerge]
Bloody weak

Last edited:
They know where they are going wrong do they?

So today we should expect to see:

- Passion
- Commitment
- Line Speed
- Ball control
- Pack running
- Line running
- High paid blokes playing like high-paid blokes
- No heads dropping
- No Darius
- No Seibold
- Threatening attack
- Stinging defense
- 80 minutes of non-stop effort
- Actual good bench usage
- No pre-game interpretive dancing
- A cohesive team
- Milf playing like a million dollar half
- Pretty much everything opposite to what this team has been doing

Well we have a lot to look forward to tonight.

The language these guys use (e.g. hopefully, trying etc.) doesn't fill me with any confidence

They know where they are going wrong do they?

So today we should expect to see:

- Passion
- Commitment
- Line Speed
- Ball control
- Pack running
- Line running
- High paid blokes playing like high-paid blokes
- No heads dropping
- No Darius
- No Seibold
- Threatening attack
- Stinging defense
- 80 minutes of non-stop effort
- Actual good bench usage
- No pre-game interpretive dancing
- A cohesive team
- Milf playing like a million dollar half
- Pretty much everything opposite to what this team has been doing

Well we have a lot to look forward to tonight.
Do we have to seriously give this up. I thought it was kinda out there. Like getting your Zen on. I'm sure inside a few of them were singing Macklmore's Ceiling can't hold us.

he really has a hide to offer up those excuses while eating KFC burgers, get ya shit together Milford

They don’t look like a team that sticks together.

Active Now

• Santa
  • cento
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Lurker
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.