Aug 25, 2018
Blindside: Anthony Milford
wants to stay at Broncos but pressure is mounting

PETER BADEL AND CHRIS HONNERY,
The Courier-Mail
September 19, 2019 2:34pm

Last edited by a moderator:
PAT’S MATURITY SHINES
BRONCOS young gun Pat Carrigan is a class act. Less than 24 hours after Brisbane’s 58-0 loss to the Eels, Carrigan drove in to Red Hill on Monday morning to do recovery work alone. The Broncos only arrived back in Brisbane at 11.30pm after flying home straight after the game. Carrigan’s attitude and maturity for a 21-year-old is why he is rated a future Broncos captain.

Wish to God someone would paste this on the walls of the gym, the shed, the club house and the team bus. This is what being a Bronco is all about. When the going gets tough the tough put in more.

Welp, if Glenn joins the other flotsam out the door then Carrigan just made a big case for himself.

I love Milf as a player, when he is at his best he is near untouchable, but he's run out of time. The ball is in his court.

PAT’S MATURITY SHINES
BRONCOS young gun Pat Carrigan is a class act. Less than 24 hours after Brisbane’s 58-0 loss to the Eels, Carrigan drove in to Red Hill on Monday morning to do recovery work alone. The Broncos only arrived back in Brisbane at 11.30pm after flying home straight after the game. Carrigan’s attitude and maturity for a 21-year-old is why he is rated a future Broncos captain.

Wish to God someone would paste this on the walls of the gym, the shed, the club house and the team bus. This is what being a Bronco is all about. When the going gets tough the tough put in more.

He's been doing it the whole time, When he was in NYC he won a lot of awards that year, deserved a beer to celebrate but didn't because he'd made the commitment to get up early and work his job at the markets.

Last year in 20's camp I have never been more impressed with a player's leadership. I have been saying since he made his ISC debut round one last year he is a future captain.

He has great balance in his life off and one the field because he's smart about everything. He will finish his physio degree and be right for life.

He's been doing it the whole time, When he was in NYC he won a lot of awards that year, deserved a beer to celebrate but didn't because he'd made the commitment to get up early and work his job at the markets.

Last year in 20's camp I have never been more impressed with a player's leadership. I have been saying since he made his ISC debut round one last year he is a future captain.

He has great balance in his life off and one the field because he's smart about everything. He will finish his physio degree and be right for life.

Damn.

I don't give a **** how young he is. Give him the C.

I'm totally in awe of his professional commitment to setting goals and his drive and determination to achieve them. However, I would suggest caution before rushing to make him captain just yet. Perhaps in another year he might be ready to shoulder the added burden, but giving it to him too early could also have a negative effect on his own performances as he may just not be ready to captain us through the coming shit storm that's about to go down.

This this and more of this.

If Carrigan keeps up these standards, he should be the future captain.
PAT’S MATURITY SHINES

I'm totally in awe of his professional commitment to setting goals and his drive and determination to achieve them. However, I would suggest caution before rushing to make him captain just yet. Perhaps in another year he might be ready to shoulder the added burden, but giving it to him too early could also have a negative effect on his own performances as he may just not be ready to captain us through the coming shit storm that's about to go down.
Then again the other youngsters might follow through the gates of hell, inspired to follow and knowing their youth will not be a barrier. Afterall, he won't have too many older than him in the team! That's assuming DB, MG, AG and Macca are goorne.

There’s ya captain! @Wolfie would be proud

I've never stopped believing that out of all our young guys, Patty is going to become the become the most crucial to us overall. He is a fantastic leader, and he will be the glue that holds this team together.
[automerge]1568873810[/automerge]
At the very least, put him in the leadership group.

That would be the perfect start for him.

Last edited:
I've never stopped believing that out of all our young guys, Patty is going to become the become the most crucial to us overall. He is a fantastic leader, and he will be the glue that holds this team together.
[automerge]1568873810[/automerge]

That would be the perfect start for him.
Yep, you nailed it! Character is everything once you get to this level who’s willing to go the extra yard on the field and that starts off the field.

Not sure of your cricket fandom but think of Graeme Smith. He had only played 8 Tests when he was made SA captain. 109 as captain later.

All the political storm of captaining a SA national team, dropped Klusener, made changes and ended with most runs ever for a Test captain, most games as a captain and most 100’s as a captain and SA the best Test side in the world.

How sad that our team is so void of leadership and heart, that one young guy coming in after a loss to train has us all losing our minds for him. (10 year contract for patty).

Not sure of your cricket fandom but think of Graeme Smith. He had only played 8 Tests when he was made SA captain. 109 as captain later.

All the political storm of captaining a SA national team, dropped Klusener, made changes and ended with most runs ever for a Test captain, most games as a captain and most 100’s as a captain and SA the best Test side in the world.
A poignant analogy you make @Wolfie but if we're comapring them both Smith was 22 when appointed captain so, I think I'm right in saying give young Paty another year don't you think?

A poignant analogy you make @Wolfie but if we're comapring them both Smith was 22 when appointed captain so, I think I'm right in saying give young Paty another year don't you think?

That wasnt me, it was @1910 !

That wasnt me, it was @1910 !
oops.
[automerge]1568875803[/automerge]

Sorry @1910 I replied to your post under Wolfie. My bad.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mystico
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.