NEWS Milford: we sorted it out

Anthony Milford has passed through the nine circles of football Hell and emerged much the same - still laid back, circumspect and always eager for succulent meal beneath the Golden Arches:

“I don’t believe it’s the end for me here at the Broncos. It’s not true that I don’t care. The fire is still burning inside me and I want to be the best player I can be. But as a playmaker, if you aren’t getting good ball, there’s not really much you can do. I’m only 26, so I feel I still have a lot to offer, whether that’s the Broncos or another club. I have to bounce back and I believe I will.”

Screenmirifai   CHwpKUCHWrI CHwpKSLHKeB

Sunset, here we come

Kotoni being promised five-eighth hasn’t bothered me at all. I am not worrying about Kotoni or anyone else. The club has an obligation to sign some players and it doesn’t faze me if Kotoni could be the five-eighth. Competition is always healthy, so I‘m not worried about that. We will see what happens when Kotoni gets back."

“I have heard the reports about not being offered a new Broncos deal, so I saw ‘Kevvie’ about it and he has reassured me that everything is in my control. I have to play well to get a new contract. He said there is no timeframe, whether it‘s one or two weeks, but he assured me he hadn’t given up on me. I definitely haven’t given up on myself."

"I’ve taken it on the chin, I still enjoy myself at training and I will do my best to fight back. For whatever reason, my performances haven’t always been consistent in games. I am realistic about the situation. I’ve had a few discussions with my manager about my future but nothing is set in stone."

" It’s my ideal plan to stay at the Broncos, but if it doesn’t happen I have two kids and a family to look after and I have to do what’s best for them. If that means leaving the Broncos, so be it, but everything is in my control. My destiny is in my hands. Hopefully over the next few months my future will take care of itself.”

ScreenRainbow on Golden Arches

Destiny

“It caught me by surprise, no-one likes to be dropped. Kevvie called a meeting and told me my performances weren’t up to scratch. I had my views against it. I said to Kevvie it’s hard for the halves to do something when a team loses by 50. That’s not a criticism of my teammates, but when a side is on the back foot, it’s difficult for the halves to dominate a game. But we sorted it out. Kevvie said he wanted me to be busier around the ball and that’s a good challenge for me."

"The Broncos aren’t just going to give me a deal for no reason. I know I have to play well and if I do that, I will have a future here, so it’s on me now.”

McHunt

Serious question, has anyone else ever faded this badly by their mid 20s without an identified injury? Even Moylan had injuries.

He's had shoulder reconstruction and hamstring injuries.

I watched him from the southern end last night throw one of the passes to ground then totally mentally fade away to stand on the wrong side defensively then dart over to his side to make no attempt to tackle (lead up to the Addo - Carr try I think) . Its was like one of those hopeless kids that go in the way when you were a junior. He was so mentally shot he was never going to recover during the course of the game and for him not to be replaced at h/t was a bigger issue for me.
Yep, I agree. Kev was clearly pissed with him, during the first half. I’ve no idea why he didn’t just leave him in the sheds at half time and move Asiata to 5/8.

I’d send him to Souths now. Hand your swipe pass for Red Hill in on your way out. You won’t be needing it again…

maybe he can stick around at training for the opposed sessions so turps can melt him a few times, i'd pay good money to see it

Benji marshalls had five shoulder operations and about 5 times the career too.
He also went through a shit patch and fucked off to rugby.

milf still has time but he’s done with us. He needs to go to England, be the best player in the comp to get some confidence back and have another crack here.

Or he could give it away he’s mentally fucked

milf still has time but he’s done with us. He needs to go to England, be the best player in the comp to get some confidence back and have another crack here.

I reckon he would go alright in Super League, so long as he changes his approach to training and fitness.

The thing I noticed that had me officially off Milford at the manly game was he was always sitting out on the wing. Any chance he got he was on the wing - attack or defence it didn’t matter. Then when it was the 5th he’d waltz in with a pathetic kick. And he didn’t once chase a kick. Disgraceful halves play.

I think he’s probably a nice person, I hope he can compartmentalise his footy career and like Darius Boyd just enjoy spending time with his wife and daughters. Maybe a stint in super league wouldn’t hurt his mental health.

After last few performances, i cant see many nrl clubs willing to take a risk on him. Id think the boat has sailed for the tigers.

They say that the real message is always in the last line . @broncsgoat has finally seen the light 😜

Look, I’m going to have to take the L on Milford. I thought Kevvie could rebuild him after pies destroyed him but I was wrong.

doesn’t change my arguments re pre-pies but stick a fork in Milf, he’s done.
I thought you were wrong about backing milf. But at the same time I hoped you were right.

Such a waste.

I thought you were wrong about backing milf. But at the same time I hoped you were right.

Such a waste.
I've been having argument re Milf for a long time. Like before I started doing it on here, I drunkenly said he'd be better than JT to a cowboys fan... this was just after he signed with us.

**** me dead I got that one wrong...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.