MLB: A-Rod suspended for 211 games,12 others suspended for 50.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
the MLB has suspended a bunch of players over the use of performance-enhancing substances. Included is the controversial Alex Rodriguez.

Major League Baseball's investigation into the link between the now-shuttered Biogenesis anti-aging clinic and performance-enhancing substances provided to more than a dozen players culminated in Monday's announcement that 13 players have been suspended.
Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez topped the list on one of the most significant disciplinary days in baseball history. MLB handed down a suspension that would sideline the 38-year-old Rodriguez without pay through the end of the 2014 regular season.
Major League Baseball suspends Alex Rodriguez through 2014 and 12 other for 50 games | MLB.com: News

Yankees have been looking for a way to release him so this could be the end.

I know most here likely aren't Baseball fans but for those that are, thoughts?

what a wank, everyone uses steroids in baseball, just let them do it and move on from all this shit.

what a wank, everyone uses steroids in baseball, just let them do it and move on from all this ****.
just like in cycling. everyones doing it anyway, just let them all do it so its an even competition lol.

Some Billionaire should start a dopers league for all sports, and a dopers Olympics.

Would be hilarious watching these freaks try to out do each other and smash all kinds of records :loool:

Some Billionaire should start a dopers league for all sports, and a dopers Olympics.

Would be hilarious watching these freaks try to out do each other and smash all kinds of records :loool:

Then they could have a race to see who "mysteriously" drops dead first, second & third ...

To be fair, 211 games is like two weeks' worth in the MLB's seven thousand game season.

I've thought about that, but do we really wanna be watching athletes drop dead midway through an event? Given half a chance these guys would pump themselves full of so many drugs that their heart would explode. I remember reading something that perhaps SI did, or a similar publication, and they asked athletes, anonymously of course, that if they could take a drug that would make them the kings/queens of their sport, but had a greater than 50% chance of dying before they hit 45, I think all of them said yeah **** it, I'd do it.

but yeah, for the sheer audaciousness of people breaking the 100m record in like 8 seconds or something jaw-droppingly spectacular, it would be cool - but would we really enjoy it?

I don't think we would; we celebrate achievements imo because they're done by real people, like you and I. Yeah it's not the exact same, but we're close enough to be able to relate and revel in human achievement. If you take the human part out of it by letting them become as warped and non-human as possible, where's the connection? Put it this way, would you feel the same way about 8 metallic robots all striding against one another? It would be interesting but you probably wouldn't cheer for one, ie, make that personal connection.

Last edited:
Those "How did he do that, he is superhuman" moments wouldn't mean shit anymore and the awe would be gone.

Active Now

• barker
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.