MMA Thread

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Staged as hell.

Makes for great promoting for the re-match where McGregor will win.
They staged McGregor getting jumped by 3 of Khabib's team members after losing the fight? Somehow I don't think so..

"Hey Connor, when you lose we'll jump in the octagon right after and hit you with a few king hits, for promotion purposes of course, that cool?"

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
Awesome event.
Unfortunately McGregor will be looked at as the victim which will completely overshadow the fact Khabib absolutely dominated him.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
They staged McGregor getting jumped by 3 of Khabib's team members after losing the fight? Somehow I don't think so..

"Hey Connor, when you lose we'll jump in the octagon right after and hit you with a few king hits, for promotion purposes of course, that cool?"
Of course it was all staged.

This has been arguably the most asked for fight for the past couple of years. White is smart enough to know that everyone will want a re-match and now there just so happened to be an all-out brawl which will give promoters wet dreams and make the next fight even bigger.

These guys have the shit beaten out of them for a living.. I think they wouldn't mind copping a few punches for some extra money.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E

This has been arguably the most asked for fight for the past couple of years. White is smart enough to know that everyone will want a re-match and now there just so happened to be an all-out brawl which will give promoters wet dreams and make the next fight even bigger.

These guys have the shit beaten out of them for a living.. I think they wouldn't mind copping a few punches for some extra money.
Yes, Conor and Khabib (Who hate each other with the utmost passion) agreed before the fight that whoever lost would also be subjected to multiple bare knuckle bunches to the back of the head from various random individuals in order to increase the controversy and potential viewership for a secondary fight that may or may not occur in the future, all under the assumption that Khabib isn't suspended for jumping the fence to attack McGregor's jujitsu trainer, which is likely.

Is that correct? :P

Renegade

NRL Captain

lol

Morkel has some competition.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
Not MMA, but how about that fucking draw?
To be honest, fury should have won
Completely out boxed wilder all night
The fact that he managed to get a draw against a golden boy of America in America tells you he should have won. Any other country and he gets the the unanimous decision

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
NZ
Was hoping Breazeale would k.o. Wilder. That went out the door in the 1st round

As much as Wilder is a crap boxer, his power is legit

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
NZ
Joshua looked shellshocked. As if he hadnt planned for Ruiz & was looking past him already for much bigger fights.
That last knockdown when the ref was quizzing him if he wanted to carry on and he gave him no clear answer priceless

Good on Ruiz, he beat the man.

mitch222

State of Origin Rep
AJ shown up as the pretender he is
Hand picked opponents at home and in his first fight outside of the uk he is knocked out by Ruiz and pretty well beaten too. All the trash talk about wilder ducking him is shown now to be complete bullshit. Wilder would have knocked him out cold yesterday. Congrats to Ruiz, he is definitely not a joke of a fighter and a well deserved winner.
Also a big fat dick to Hearn for continuing to avoid big fights by trying to use the Mayweather formula. He just cost AJ a massive pay check against fury/wilder now

Renegade

NRL Captain
I think AJ's height actually worked against him, with Ruiz being such a small nugget, he was able to just duck his jabs and slip inside AJ and hammer away at him.

I think it was Round 2? where you could see AJ was already in danger. I was a bit surprised when i saw the result, but when i watched it, it was no shock.

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
NZ
Stipe vs DC 2 what a fight. Fight was slowly going DCs way until Stipe adjusts and starts attacking DCs left with body shots, staggers him finally and finishes him. Great win.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
Stipe vs DC 2 what a fight. Fight was slowly going DCs way until Stipe adjusts and starts attacking DCs left with body shots, staggers him finally and finishes him. Great win.
DC doesn’t like the body shots. I remember Anderson Silva almost got him with body shots too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter