COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Heavyweight champion of the world.

Joshua looked shellshocked. As if he hadnt planned for Ruiz & was looking past him already for much bigger fights.
That last knockdown when the ref was quizzing him if he wanted to carry on and he gave him no clear answer [emoji2960][emoji2960][emoji2962] priceless

Good on Ruiz, he beat the man.

AJ shown up as the pretender he is
Hand picked opponents at home and in his first fight outside of the uk he is knocked out by Ruiz and pretty well beaten too. All the trash talk about wilder ducking him is shown now to be complete bullshit. Wilder would have knocked him out cold yesterday. Congrats to Ruiz, he is definitely not a joke of a fighter and a well deserved winner.
Also a big fat dick to Hearn for continuing to avoid big fights by trying to use the Mayweather formula. He just cost AJ a massive pay check against fury/wilder now

I think AJ's height actually worked against him, with Ruiz being such a small nugget, he was able to just duck his jabs and slip inside AJ and hammer away at him.

I think it was Round 2? where you could see AJ was already in danger. I was a bit surprised when i saw the result, but when i watched it, it was no shock.

Stipe vs DC 2 what a fight. Fight was slowly going DCs way until Stipe adjusts and starts attacking DCs left with body shots, staggers him finally and finishes him. Great win.

Stipe vs DC 2 what a fight. Fight was slowly going DCs way until Stipe adjusts and starts attacking DCs left with body shots, staggers him finally and finishes him. Great win.

DC doesn’t like the body shots. I remember Anderson Silva almost got him with body shots too

UFC 243 is 17 days away-
Whittaker v Adesanya?
I think Whittaker gets it done by 3rd round TKO via head kick and derails the style benders hype train.
Who you guys got for this one...

given Whittakers record in Australia, my money is on him pulling out with an injury.

given Whittakers record in Australia, my money is on him pulling out with an injury.
I'm trying not too even think that will happen, but i wonder how the ufc would take it if he pulls out again...

UFC 243 is 17 days away-
Whittaker v Adesanya?
I think Whittaker gets it done by 3rd round TKO via head kick and derails the style benders hype train.
Who you guys got for this one...

I can not bare the thought of adesanya being the champ. Super annoying.

I only watch every few UFC events, but I was extremely impressed with Gaethje the last time I saw him, dude just throws so many hard punches.

With that being said, if Khabib has his way and gets him on the ground, it'll be over quick.

Gaethje any chance this weekend?

I’ve giving him a chance. He’s on a high right now and those leg kicks are brutal. If he can land a few early it might effect the speed of khabibs double leg shot for a take down.

Last edited:
Gaethje can actually wrestle, which gives him a chance, and he hits so hard. Oddly, i wouldnt say he knocks people out like a Mcgregor or a Ngannou can, but he just seems to be able to hit heavy with every blow and that can take its toll on the other fighter like it did with Ferguson. I dont think Khabib has fought anyone like that yet, but i still think Khabib will just wear him down.

Just on Khabib, he looked shattered after making weight. Something seems to have gone a bit wrong there with his preparation for him to look that drained making weight. Could have an impact on the fight.

Just on Khabib, he looked shattered after making weight. Something seems to have gone a bit wrong there with his preparation for him to look that drained making weight. Could have an impact on the fight.

Remember when McGregor used to look like skeletor and near death making featherweight? I know they were allowed IV’s then for rehydration but as long as khabib does it well I’m sure he’ll be good to go tomorrow.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.