MMA Thread

Midean

NRL Player
NSW
You can hate him all you like, but McGregor is an absolute star, and you can't knock his ability. He has an argument to be the GOAT featherweight, and his performance to win the lightweight title was close to flawless, he made Alvarez look like an amateur. I can't see how he dodged Khabib, he kept calling him out and it was Khabib who said no.

Maybe people aren't mentioning him because he has under 10 fights in the UFC. He has some notable wins, but I don't think he is as unbeatable as everyone thinks. Whittaker will give him a red hot crack if they run it back. I also find it strange he wants to go to LHW as soon as Jones leaves the division, especially with all the twitter battles they have had.
McGregor has never once defended a title.

He got schooled by Diaz and Khabib and has been highly inactive and retired twice now.
he has some skills, but no where near enough to be talked about as a potential goat.

Adesanya on the other hand has defended his title twice now, and beaten the likes of Romero, Costa and Silva, not to mention Whittaker.
I cant stand Adesanya, but you cant deny the kids talent, and apparently no one can beat him.

Jose Aldo has a better claim to featherweight goat title, with the most successful title defenses in featherweight history and most consecutive title defenses at featherweight as well.

BooKhaki

BRL Player
McGregor has never once defended a title.

He got schooled by Diaz and Khabib and has been highly inactive and retired twice now.
he has some skills, but no where near enough to be talked about as a potential goat.

Adesanya on the other hand has defended his title twice now, and beaten the likes of Romero, Costa and Silva, not to mention Whittaker.
I cant stand Adesanya, but you cant deny the kids talent, and apparently no one can beat him.

Jose Aldo has a better claim to featherweight goat title, with the most successful title defenses in featherweight history and most consecutive title defenses at featherweight as well.
Conor starched Aldo in 13 seconds, and he also beat Holloway, who also beat Aldo twice.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
This conversation should take into account Royce Gracie in the glory days of UFC's dodgy beginnings.
Before weight divisions, back when you would fight 3 - 5 times in a single night.
Gracie beat prime Ken Shamrock, then beat Dan Severn, Keith Hackney and Ron Van Clief all in the same night.
Hell he beat 4 opponents in one night in UFC 2.
I’ve been waiting for someone to mention him. He was my all time GOAT for sure. I lost interest after about UFC40 or so tbh.

winslow_wong

International Rep
bris
This conversation should take into account Royce Gracie in the glory days of UFC's dodgy beginnings.
Before weight divisions, back when you would fight 3 - 5 times in a single night.
Gracie beat prime Ken Shamrock, then beat Dan Severn, Keith Hackney and Ron Van Clief all in the same night.
Hell he beat 4 opponents in one night in UFC 2.

And then he had that fight with Sakuraba that went forever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.