COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

Exactly this. Roids or not, never been a more naturally gifted fighter in the UFC.
prime Fedor and GSP would be tied neck and neck with Jones for all time Goat title.

Anderson Silva.

Yeah if we're including drug cheats then Jones is absolutely in the convo, he's a freak. It's a shame Izzy vs Jones will never be a possibility because Jones is too big, that'd be an unreal fight.

Exactly this. Roids or not, never been a more naturally gifted fighter in the UFC.
prime Fedor and GSP would be tied neck and neck with Jones for all time Goat title.
Prime Fedor was hiding in Pride and Strikeforce because he knew the competition was a lot more level in the UFC.

Yeah, I'm sure he was petrified of Tim Sylvia, Gabriel Gonzaga and Brandon Vera.

Last edited:
Prime Fedor was hiding in Pride and Strikeforce because he knew the competition was a lot more level in the UFC
Hiding in Pride? You mean when he was fighting Randleman, Coleman, Big Nog, Mark Hunt, Prime CroCop and Andre Arlofski?

Keep in mind all those pride guys were juiced to the gills.

In fact, there were more monsters in Pride during Fedors prime than in the entire UFC roster put together.

If anything, UFC was ducking Fedor because they didnt want their entire roster to be clowned.

Last edited:
I always loved watching BJ Penn, but i do feel, a bit like Anderson Silva, he tarnished his legacy a little by carrying on too long. GSP in his prime was outstanding. The thing Khabib has over a lot of these guys is that if he stays retired he will have gone out in his prime. A lot of UFC fighters just keep going way to long. Cowboy is a great example of this. Wonderful competitor, but should have called it quits 2 years ago.

Throwing another fighter into the mix, Amanda Nunes surely has to be up there in any best pound for pound fighter debate.

I always loved watching BJ Penn, but i do feel, a bit like Anderson Silva, he tarnished his legacy a little by carrying on too long. GSP in his prime was outstanding. The thing Khabib has over a lot of these guys is that if he stays retired he will have gone out in his prime. A lot of UFC fighters just keep going way to long. Cowboy is a great example of this. Wonderful competitor, but should have called it quits 2 years ago.

Throwing another fighter into the mix, Amanda Nunes surely has to be up there in any best pound for pound fighter debate.

Nunes isn’t undefeated though. She got destroyed by prime Cat Zingano

Nunes isn’t undefeated though. She got destroyed by prime Cat Zingano

I dont necessarily think being undefeated should automatically make you the best pound for pound fighter. Nunes has evolved into one of the best fighters in MMA. She is up there with the best of them currently. Not so sure i'd agree either Zingano destroyed Nunes. Cat was very lucky to make it through round 1, she was just too smart in the end for Nunes. Amanda probably learned a lot from that fight.

Last edited:
As much as I dislike the guy it's hard to see any of the current crop of fighters surpassing Jones as the GOAT.

He has competed in the toughest division in the sport and has a resume stacked with Hall of Famers, all of which he defeated. As impressive as Khabib's record is, there are only a handful of recognisable names compared to Jones so I can't put them in the same category.

Jones reputation has been tarnished by his extracurricular activities but there's a good chance we won't see anyone as talented as him again.

I dont necessarily think being undefeated should automatically make you the best pound for pound fighter. Nunes has evolved into one of the best fighters in MMA. She is up there with the best of them currently. Not so sure i'd agree either Zingano destroyed Nunes. Cat was very lucky to make it through round 1, she was just too smart in the end for Nunes. Amanda probably learned a lot from that fight.

Cat actually suffered brain damage from that fight because nunes hits so hard. But if we’re going to talk about having the best pound for pound skill set I’d be putting Demetrius Johnson right up there.

As much as I dislike the guy it's hard to see any of the current crop of fighters surpassing Jones as the GOAT.

He has competed in the toughest division in the sport and has a resume stacked with Hall of Famers, all of which he defeated. As impressive as Khabib's record is, there are only a handful of recognisable names compared to Jones so I can't put them in the same category.

Jones reputation has been tarnished by his extracurricular activities but there's a good chance we won't see anyone as talented as him again.
Once you piss hot, your name gets taken out of the GOAT talk. Talent wise he is the best ever, but that's all gone when he fails PED tests.

GOAT discussion is between GSP and Mighty Mouse, IMO.

She lost her last fight Vs Valentina too. Robbery by the judges.

Once you piss hot, your name gets taken out of the GOAT talk. Talent wise he is the best ever, but that's all gone when he fails PED tests.

GOAT discussion is between GSP and Mighty Mouse, IMO.

While I agree in principle, it would also eliminate Anderson Silva from the discussion.

On that note it's not as if Shane Warne and Diego Maradona are ruled out of GOAT conversations in their respective sports either.

Last edited:
She lost her last fight Vs Valentina too. Robbery by the judges.
Who did? Nunes? She hasnt fought Shevchenko ( thats the only Valentina i can think of ) in years and their last fight wasnt a clear win for Shevchenko. Could have gone either way, could have been a draw.

While I agree in principle, it would also eliminate Anderson Silva from the discussion.
No it wouldn't. Anderson was cleared.

Also, Anderson is the GOAT. People only think about Anderson post the Weidman fight, but before that, he was unbeatable and beat dudes by finishing them, not by points like GSP and Jon Jones.

No it wouldn't. Anderson was cleared.

Also, Anderson is the GOAT. People only think about Anderson post the Weidman fight, but before that, he was unbeatable and beat dudes by finishing them, not by points like GSP and Jon Jones.
Silva served 12 months the NSAC didn't buy his dick pill excuse.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.