COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

UFC 154 Live tomorrow, dont have anything against Condit but Ive always supported St Pierre, should be pretty close with GSP just coming back from a LONG layoff..whoever wins outta GSP/Condit faces the winner of the Kampmann/Hendricks fight

the rest of the card:

Martin Kampmann 20 - 5 - 0 vs Johny Hendricks 13 - 1 - 0
Francis Carmont 19 - 7 - 0 vs Tom Lawlor 8 - 4 - 0
Constantinos Philippou 11 - 2 - 0 vs Nick Ring 13 - 1 - 0
Mark Hominick 20 - 11 - 0 vs Pablo Garza 11 - 3 - 0
Patrick Cote 17 - 8 - 0 vs Alessio Sakara 15 - 9 - 0
Cyrille Diabate 18 - 8 - 1 vs Chad Griggs 11 - 2 - 0
Rafael dos Anjos 17 - 6 - 0 vs Mark Bocek 11 - 4 - 0
Sam Stout 18 - 7 - 1 vs John Makdessi 9 - 2 - 0
Antonio Carvalho 14 - 5 - 0 vs Rodrigo Damm 10 - 5 - 0
Matt Riddle 6 - 3 - 0 vs John Maguire 18 - 4 - 0
Ivan Menjivar 24 - 9 - 0 vs Azamat Gashimov 7 - 1 - 0
Steven Siler 21 - 9 - 0 vs Darren Elkins 14 - 2 - 0

Last edited:
Lets go Condit. I'm one of only few people in the world that can't stand GSP. I don't like Condit either, but lesser of 2 evils :P

Will be interesting to see how GSP goes off after so long out. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Condit get the win but it's hard to ever write off GSP - he wouldn't come back if he wasn't ready.

GSP will win. He is the best in the world at lay n pray and one of the best in takedowns. he will come out, takedown and lay on him for 5 rounds. 50-45 gsp. same old story.

He is the best in the world at lay n pray and one of the best in takedowns.

yeah he is which what he'll probably do in this fight, ring rust and his doubt in his knee might make him go that way, but who knows...
he hasnt stopped anyone since 08'

still, to come back and win this would be huge for him

GSP will win. He is the best in the world at lay n pray and one of the best in takedowns. he will come out, takedown and lay on him for 5 rounds. 50-45 gsp. same old story.

called it! However I didn't see Condit making a mark for a few seconds, well done to him.

That kick to the head from Condit in the 3rd was impressive. Wasn't sure how GSP would react to that. Credit to him.

It's a shame he didn't challenge Silva then and there. The crowd would have lapped that up.

That kick to the head from Condit in the 3rd was impressive. Wasn't sure how GSP would react to that. Credit to him.

That kick was epic LOL That was Condits best chance to finish it, GSP scrambled, gets up, and then takes him down, wata champ..

funny how GSP said afterwards he didnt even see the kick

Awesome 5 rounder though, GSPs knee looked in great nick

Hendricks up next for a shot? He made real short work of Kampmann

Oh man Velasquez worked JDS over for that win..tough unanimous decision win..awesome fight

Good fight, but very disappointing. I'm getting really worried that wrestlers are taking over the sport. Cain usually works hard and is entertaining but hes one of the only ones. Prefer Cigano to be champ.

Miller/Lauzon was great. Loved the random moments of jiu-jitsu.

UFC 156

cant believe Bigfoot Silva scored the TKO against the Overeem lol how does that play into the heavyweight contendership?

Also Rashad Evans losing to an aging Lil' Nog beckons where hes really at, and what holds for both fighters now

reemsleepy.gif

My favourite bit of the night is Maia fitching fitch. was so awesome. Go Demian!!!!!!!!! Was a great night for fighters that I like!

Rashads performance was very strange. he was so off.

Caught UFC 157 yesterday, Rousey wins by her signature armbar on Carmouche, although Carmouche did make her work for it, if only Carmouche had sunk in that standing rear naked choke better it could have been a different story...

Lyotos fight with Hendo was boring,,Bones to put Lyoto to sleep again

I a;ways enjoy Machidas fights hes awesome.

Rousey is so fucking cool, what a great fight to watch.

good co main events for UFC on Fuel, the Axe Murderer Wandy put on a good show stopping Stann in the 2nd round, Silva was at his vintage best... and well done Mark Hunt K.Oing a good fighter in Stefan Struve in the 3rd, Struve couldve won numerous times whilst on the ground, but Hunt never gave up

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Mister Wright
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.