COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

i thought Stevenson was an arrogant p$%#k on TUF but i guess you might have to be to hit ppl for a living.

UFC 100's approaching, and as such so is the time where we can call Brock Lesnar the UNDISPUTED heavyweight champion of the world.

;-)

Cant wait

man, brock is such a wanker! but godamn, he beat the **** out of mir. Shane Carwin HAS to be brocks next challenger, surely!

Bring fedor in somehow, otherwise brock will be champion for a long time.

i think carwin could test him, but fedor would murder Brock. unfortunately, Dana thinks Fedor is overrated and wont give into Fedors contract demands :(

ha, after i posted this, i went to mma junkie and the first news story on there is this....

Dana White says Fedor Emelianenko will fight in the UFC, Brock Lesnar fight imminent
by Dann Stupp on Jul 12, 2009 at 5:30 am ET
Prior to this past Saturday's UFC 100 event, an underground movement took root and called for mixed-martial-arts fan who would attend the show to begin "Fedor!" chants throughout the night.

The thought, of course, was to make UFC executives well aware of the fans' desire to have Fedor Emelianenko, the world's top-ranked heavyweight and arguably the greatest MMA fighter in the division's history, fighting in the octagon.

The chants were never heard, but after UFC 100, UFC President Dana White said he wants Emelianenko in the UFC, that it's eventually going to happen, and that a fight with Brock Lesnar is imminent.

Lesnar, the former World Wrestling Entertainment superstar and NCAA Division I national wrestling champion, picked up his third consecutive UFC victory and first-ever title defense with a dominant second-round TKO of interim title-holder Frank Mir in UFC 100's main event.

With Lesnar's current streak of wins over Heath Herring, then-champ Randy Couture and now Mir, many are looking to possible future opponents for the seemingly invincible ground-and-pound machine.

Emelianenko, the former longtime PRIDE heavyweight champion, is the man many see as most likely to topple Lesnar. At 30-1, with back-to-back Affliction wins over two former UFC champions (Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski) and a 26-0 record (with one no-contest) over the past nine years, many fans are clamoring for the Russian fighter to take on the top talent in the world's premier fight organization.

"This Fedor thing has gone on and on and on," White said in the post-UFC 100 press conference. "Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else.

"This guy (Brock Lesnar) just won the heavyweight title, and we'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."

How soon could we such the fight?

"Who knows," White said. "He's obviously contractually obligated to fight (with Affliction). Once that's over, we'll figure it out."

UFC officials have met with Emelianenko and his representatives multiple times. However, the meetings proved far from productive and often left each side blaming the other for the inability to get a deal done. The UFC said Emelianenko's demands were too outrageous, not necessarily from a monetary standpoint (though Emelianenko is believed to make at least $2 million per fight) but because a deal would essentially require the organization to enter the Russian market as business partners with Emelianenko's manager, Vadim Finkelchtein. Emelianenko's people say the UFC's contract demands are too restrictive without any allowances, for example, for Sambo competitions and would dictate all aspects of the fighter's career.

Concessions will be need to be made, and that's often led White to predict a slim chance of a deal coming to fruition. In fact, White has often criticized the fighter, going so far as saying Emelianenko "sucks" while mocking past recent opponents such as kickboxer Hong Man Choi and Matt Lindland, who normally fights at middleweight.

However, White's tune has changed, and on Saturday, he spoke rather definitely about the fighter's future in the UFC.

Of course, that future could hinge on Emelianenko's upcoming Aug. 1 fight at "Affliction" Trilogy." There, Emelianenko meets another former UFC champ, Josh Barnett, who many rank among the division's top three or four.

However, don't expect Barnett to get the same invitation to the UFC is he knocks off Emelianenko.

Why?

"No one's beating down my door to get Barnett," White said.

I watched some footage the other day of Fedor and wondered will he be able to adapt to the rules in UFC. Though most of his fights were won by submissions from outta no where. Pretty sure I saw a bit of footage that had him stomping, punching the back of the head and kicking the head of a downed opponent etc all those things that are ok in Pride other leagues.

wanderlei struggled with the transition a little, but i cant see it fucking fedor up, as well as an awesome striking game, hes one of the best submission fighters too.

lol

If fedor loses to brock...i will cry.

Can't wait till someone knocks his block off. Unlikely i know.

shane carwin will beat brock!!! cmon shane!!

i cant wait to see his fight with Coleman!! Go Tito!!

have u seen the video where Tito and Dana kiss hahaha

Carwin is a poor mans Brock.

The Hammer will take Tito.Once Tito realizes he cant take Cole down he will give up and concentrate on surviving, imo.

Couture is asking for Anderson, I hope he gets him and suffers a knockout like he did against Charlie and finally retires his growth hormoned ass.

Peace.

Guvnor said:
The Hammer will take Tito.Once Tito realizes he cant take Cole down he will give up and concentrate on surviving, imo.

thats a good point actually. You would have to think that this fight will probably remain standing, and Id go with the Hammers stand up over Titos

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • GCBRONCO
  • Rambstien
  • marw
  • Astro
  • BRC088
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • john1420
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.