COMBAT Boxing / MMA Thread

No it wouldn't. Anderson was cleared.

Also, Anderson is the GOAT. People only think about Anderson post the Weidman fight, but before that, he was unbeatable and beat dudes by finishing them, not by points like GSP and Jon Jones.
Jones has finished plenty. His standing guillotine of Machida was the closest i think we have come to legit seeing a dead dude in the octagon.
When he crushed Brendon Vera's eye socket with elbows was another case of a devastating finish. Jones has a 10 ko/tko record, with 6 wins via submission and the other 10 by decision.

I am biased as **** though as Jones has been my favorite fighter since he entered the fight game, but i have to agree he is out of contention in the goat stakes due to pissing hot, same as Silva.

Even then, Jones only loss was from a DQ against matt hamill for those 12 to 6 elbows, whereas Silva has lost a handful of fights now.
He lost to Bisping for ***** sake, that loss right there will forever remove him from goat talk.

In his Prime, Silva was unstoppable, and had he done what Khabib has done and retired at the top of his game, prior to pissing hot and losing multiple fights to Weidman, Bisping and Adesanya, then he would for sure be in talks for the Goat title.

So taking out the drug cheats you have to run with Fedor, Mighty Mouse and GSP as the contenders for the GOAT status.
Although i suspect Fedor has been juiced his entire career, he has never pissed hot so he has to be in the mix.
You could comfortably slide Khabib in the mix as well.

While I agree in principle, it would also eliminate Anderson Silva from the discussion.

On that note it's not as if Shane Warne and Diego Maradona are ruled out of GOAT conversations in their respective sports either.
Who did? Nunes? She hasnt fought Shevchenko ( thats the only Valentina i can think of ) in years and their last fight wasnt a clear win for Shevchenko. Could have gone either way, could have been a draw.
Silva is gone from the GOAT convo, which is why I didn't include him. Once testing came in Jones hasn't looked the same. He has scraped by on decisions, and arguably lost his last 2 fights. I think he lost 3-2 against Reyes, and I had him 3-2 over Santos, but wouldn't have been against him losing that either.

Nunes is 2-0 over Valentina Shevchenko, but she clearly lost the 2nd fight, IMO. They need to fight a 3rd time.

The current P4P rankings are a bit silly. How is Holloway 8th, when he has lost 3 of his last 4. Poirier at 7 and coming off a loss.

The lightweight division is going to be interesting. The title fight needs to be between one of McGregor/Poirier/Ferguson/Gaethje. Gaethje typically likes a few months between fights. Make Conor/Poirier for the vacant, and have them defend against Gaethje in June. Fergo can fight Chandler.

Silva is gone from the GOAT convo, which is why I didn't include him. Once testing came in Jones hasn't looked the same. He has scraped by on decisions, and arguably lost his last 2 fights. I think he lost 3-2 against Reyes, and I had him 3-2 over Santos, but wouldn't have been against him losing that either.

Nunes is 2-0 over Valentina Shevchenko, but she clearly lost the 2nd fight, IMO. They need to fight a 3rd time.

The current P4P rankings are a bit silly. How is Holloway 8th, when he has lost 3 of his last 4. Poirier at 7 and coming off a loss.

The lightweight division is going to be interesting. The title fight needs to be between one of McGregor/Poirier/Ferguson/Gaethje. Gaethje typically likes a few months between fights. Make Conor/Poirier for the vacant, and have them defend against Gaethje in June. Fergo can fight Chandler.
Yep agreed with all the above.
Except Mcregor, that dude can slide into obscurity never to be seen again as far as im concerned.
Dodged Khabib rematches with repeated retirement talks, punched an old man enjoying a pint for not taking his shit whiskey and talked unprecedented levels of bullshit his entire career.
Its why Khabib was so polarizing to McGregor, in that he was all class and respect.

All this GOAT talk and no one has mentioned Adesanya yet.
I cant stand the cocky prick, i think he is a deadset cringey douche and i long to see him knocked out cold, but that being said, he is on path to goat contention if he keeps doing what he is doing.
Dude is undoubtedly talented and has proved me and many others wrong with each win he notches up. I cant stand the kid, but there is no denying he has massive talent.
The only thing suspect about Adesanya right now is his massive right titty that looked to be showing signs of Gyno in his last fight.

Well, she clearly didn't win , thats just your opinion, I recall it being a close fight that could have gone either way but a 3rd fight makes sense. Let's not forget though, Nunes beat her comfortably in their first fight.

I cant stand the cocky prick, i think he is a deadset cringey douche and i long to see him knocked out cold, but that being said, he is on path to goat contention if he keeps doing what he is doing.
Dude is undoubtedly talented and has proved me and many others wrong with each win he notches up. I cant stand the kid, but there is no denying he has massive talent.
The only thing suspect about Adesanya right now is his massive right titty that looked to be showing signs of Gyno in his last fight.

Any takers for Marty usman? I can’t stand the guy but so far has been pretty dominant in his division.

Jones has finished plenty. His standing guillotine of Machida was the closest i think we have come to legit seeing a dead dude in the octagon.
When he crushed Brendon Vera's eye socket with elbows was another case of a devastating finish. Jones has a 10 ko/tko record, with 6 wins via submission and the other 10 by decision.

I am biased as **** though as Jones has been my favorite fighter since he entered the fight game, but i have to agree he is out of contention in the goat stakes due to pissing hot, same as Silva.

Even then, Jones only loss was from a DQ against matt hamill for those 12 to 6 elbows, whereas Silva has lost a handful of fights now.
He lost to Bisping for ***** sake, that loss right there will forever remove him from goat talk.

In his Prime, Silva was unstoppable, and had he done what Khabib has done and retired at the top of his game, prior to pissing hot and losing multiple fights to Weidman, Bisping and Adesanya, then he would for sure be in talks for the Goat title.

So taking out the drug cheats you have to run with Fedor, Mighty Mouse and GSP as the contenders for the GOAT status.
Although i suspect Fedor has been juiced his entire career, he has never pissed hot so he has to be in the mix.
You could comfortably slide Khabib in the mix as well.

You say Anderson losing to Bisping removes him from GOAT talk, but then say Fedor is in it even though he lost to Matt Mitrione.

My point here isn't that Fedor doesn't belong because he absolutely does. Fighters get old. It's easy for people to say GSP or Khabib because they retired young. Jon Jones hasn't reached that point yet. If Anderson retired after the Stephan Bonnar fight, nobody would question who the GOAT is. But people think too recently and don't look at the entire body of work.

Any takers for Marty usman? I can’t stand the guy but so far has been pretty dominant in his division.
He will never be a GOAT in the court of public opinion but a few more big wins and he might enter the conversation.

Definitely in a division where he could get some decent other names on his resume if he wanted to: Nate Diaz, Lawler, Wonderboy, Chiesa, Pettis etc. come to mind but there's not really much other reason to take on these guys other than legacy.

You say Anderson losing to Bisping removes him from GOAT talk, but then say Fedor is in it even though he lost to Matt Mitrione.

My point here isn't that Fedor doesn't belong because he absolutely does. Fighters get old. It's easy for people to say GSP or Khabib because they retired young. Jon Jones hasn't reached that point yet. If Anderson retired after the Stephan Bonnar fight, nobody would question who the GOAT is. But people think too recently and don't look at the entire body of work.
Nah i didnt mean he is out of contention cause of the Bisping fight, i just used it as an example of the losses you can take if you dont finish in your prime like gsp or khabib.
If you stay to long, you start losing to bums, and that will tarnish your record.
I have the same opinion towards Fedor, he should never have gone to the UFC, as his record before joining that organization was brilliant, then he got beat by bums.

Jose Aldo could also be in the running based on his title defense run before losing to McTosser.

This conversation should take into account Royce Gracie in the glory days of UFC's dodgy beginnings.
Before weight divisions, back when you would fight 3 - 5 times in a single night.
Gracie beat prime Ken Shamrock, then beat Dan Severn, Keith Hackney and Ron Van Clief all in the same night.
Hell he beat 4 opponents in one night in UFC 2.

Last edited:
Yep agreed with all the above.
Except Mcregor, that dude can slide into obscurity never to be seen again as far as im concerned.
Dodged Khabib rematches with repeated retirement talks, punched an old man enjoying a pint for not taking his shit whiskey and talked unprecedented levels of bullshit his entire career.
Its why Khabib was so polarizing to McGregor, in that he was all class and respect.
You can hate him all you like, but McGregor is an absolute star, and you can't knock his ability. He has an argument to be the GOAT featherweight, and his performance to win the lightweight title was close to flawless, he made Alvarez look like an amateur. I can't see how he dodged Khabib, he kept calling him out and it was Khabib who said no.
Maybe people aren't mentioning him because he has under 10 fights in the UFC. He has some notable wins, but I don't think he is as unbeatable as everyone thinks. Whittaker will give him a red hot crack if they run it back. I also find it strange he wants to go to LHW as soon as Jones leaves the division, especially with all the twitter battles they have had.

You can hate him all you like, but McGregor is an absolute star, and you can't knock his ability. He has an argument to be the GOAT featherweight, and his performance to win the lightweight title was close to flawless, he made Alvarez look like an amateur. I can't see how he dodged Khabib, he kept calling him out and it was Khabib who said no.

Maybe people aren't mentioning him because he has under 10 fights in the UFC. He has some notable wins, but I don't think he is as unbeatable as everyone thinks. Whittaker will give him a red hot crack if they run it back. I also find it strange he wants to go to LHW as soon as Jones leaves the division, especially with all the twitter battles they have had.
McGregor has never once defended a title.

He got schooled by Diaz and Khabib and has been highly inactive and retired twice now.
he has some skills, but no where near enough to be talked about as a potential goat.

Adesanya on the other hand has defended his title twice now, and beaten the likes of Romero, Costa and Silva, not to mention Whittaker.
I cant stand Adesanya, but you cant deny the kids talent, and apparently no one can beat him.

Jose Aldo has a better claim to featherweight goat title, with the most successful title defenses in featherweight history and most consecutive title defenses at featherweight as well.

McGregor has never once defended a title.

He got schooled by Diaz and Khabib and has been highly inactive and retired twice now.
he has some skills, but no where near enough to be talked about as a potential goat.

Adesanya on the other hand has defended his title twice now, and beaten the likes of Romero, Costa and Silva, not to mention Whittaker.
I cant stand Adesanya, but you cant deny the kids talent, and apparently no one can beat him.

Jose Aldo has a better claim to featherweight goat title, with the most successful title defenses in featherweight history and most consecutive title defenses at featherweight as well.
Conor starched Aldo in 13 seconds, and he also beat Holloway, who also beat Aldo twice.

This conversation should take into account Royce Gracie in the glory days of UFC's dodgy beginnings.
Before weight divisions, back when you would fight 3 - 5 times in a single night.
Gracie beat prime Ken Shamrock, then beat Dan Severn, Keith Hackney and Ron Van Clief all in the same night.
Hell he beat 4 opponents in one night in UFC 2.

And then he had that fight with Sakuraba that went forever.

Active Now

• mieko
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncorob
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.