Mobile Phone Plans

Bannermania

NRL Captain
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
Looking for a new plan, kinda torn at the moment.

I like Optus, been with them for eons, however, the reception at my house is fk'n woeful. So much that I've complained to the TIO about Optus' lack of responsbility and refusal to do anything about it. I live inner-south side, and you'd think I'd get great reception right? Apparently f*cking not.

So.. with that being said, need a new provider. Don't want to go to Telstra, however they have the best reception in my area no question..

This is for the iPhone 4 btw. Nashy, no complaining. But.. I need some assistance.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
lol. Every carrier worldwide will have bad reception with that heap of shit.

Seriously though. If you have the option to use NextG. Do it.

Other than that. I've been with Vodafone for f*cking ever. They are totally raaad.

Bannermania

NRL Captain
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
Telstra's data allowance is totally woeful though. They charge for every single fkn thing. I'd rather unlimited text messages with Optus than being charged a mammoth amount for going over my data limit.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
With Optus, you don't only get the great reception issues with the iPhone 4, you get access to Australia's oldest, most oversold and congested network.

It's worth it!

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Their network is amazing. That's why it costs more.

They are getting better with prices too.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Vodafone without a shadow of the doubt. They are by far the best value(price/performance) deal out there.
The $49 cap is pretty damn good $450 calls with virtually everything included(The telstra cap has a lot of things excluded from the cap), 1.5GB data unlimited to V&3 and you get stuff like Visual Voicemail + an all round decent company quality wise.

Bucking Beads

International Captain
The Lounge
I am with vodafone, I get basically no reception inside my house but have full bars when I walk outside. Such a paiin but I like Vodafone.

Anonymous person

Banned User
the optus iphone 4 plan is the best. what is it, $59 for $550 calls, unlimited free sms/mms to all networks, and 2gb of data? thats insanely good.

telstra, well they might be good but theyre not worth the ridiculous prices they charge.

Bannermania

NRL Captain
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
Yeah AP, that's all fine and well, except I have no f*cking Optus reception at my house, I cannot do my job without reception. I hate Telstra, I truly do.. but does anyone suggest a carrier that uses their network??

Cause I don't think there is..

Anonymous person

Banned User
as far as i know telstra are the only ones that use their network.

tpg is optus, vodafone is optus, 3 is vodafone which is optus....telstras all by themselves.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Anonymous person said:
as far as i know telstra are the only ones that use their network.

tpg is optus, vodafone is optus, 3 is vodafone which is optus....telstras all by themselves.
Na, you're wrong.

Plenty of small carriers use the Optus 3G and GSM network.

Three have their own network, and roam to NextG on 850(roam) and 2100 3G
Vodafone use their own network in the 850, 900 and 2100 3G
Optus use their own network in 900 and 2100

Optus and Vodafone share towers in some reginal areas, but it's only the mast that is shared, there are two sets of equipment on the pole.

Three and Vodafone are owned by VHA, but do not share their networks at this stage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter