Mobile Phone Plans

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
I got prepaid on Optus back in 2004 and was with them right up until last month. Never had any issues or anything, but changed over to Vodafone because I wanted to get one of their SIM Only plans, and so far I've been impressed.

Je$ter

NRL Player
Jeba said:
Nashy said:
$49. $400 calls. 200MB data.

How that isn't competitive on the best network in the country I have no idea.
It's got nothing on the plan I am on.

$59, $500 calls. Unlimited free texts. 1GB data, unlimited free access to Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and doesn't count towards your monthly data usage.
whose that with?

Jeba

International
Optus. Mine is an iPhone but if I recall correctly I don't think that plan is specific to iphones.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Vodafone is much, much better. $54p/m with 16GB phone or $59 with 32GB and it's really not much different "credit" wise, for one the cap includes absolutely every number/service under the sun besides premium numbers which means no suprise big bills.

It's only got 500mb less data(no one will use 2gb on a phone, seriously) and it has unlimited calls to Vodafone AND Three mobiles which I'm pretty sure Optus has nothing even close to comparable in that regard.

+ They are a good network, I am with them atm and pretty much always full reception, can't remember any drop outs and with speed tests I get an average of 2Mbps-3Mbps line speed with about half that for upload, so pretty sweet. Browsing the net on Vodafone is pretty fast and a decent experience, couldn't say the same about Optus.

Telstra is by far the best, hands down but with so many things excluded from the cap and very low data I can see regular bills exceeding the expected amount and the difference in quality not worth it for the average user.

guppy

NRL Player
Having been on blackberries for the past few years, I'm enjoying having an iphone again. When it comes to internet browsing and apps in general, the iphone is much better than anything RIM (or anyone else) has put out so far. Game breaker? Well it was when the first version came out and no-one has matched it yet. They're really just tweaking what already works. I just see it as a multimedia device more than a phone.

For calls and emails though, I'll stick to the blackberry.

By the way, I don't have any reception issues. I know two other people with one who don't have the issue either.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
Given all the fuss over the iPhone 4, you'd expect to be a whole new world rather than an improvement on a great multimedia device.

I do have the 3GS which I no problems with. I don't make many calls anyway, mostly use it for SMS and data. I don't know if I'll upgrade to the 4 when my contract expires next year though.

guppy

NRL Player
And that's a completely fair call.

I had the original iphone, so no wireless internet access, just wi-fi and it was before the whole app craze. The iphone 4 is a big step forward from what I am used to.
If I had a 3GS, I probably wouldn't bother upgrading.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
guppy said:
Having been on blackberries for the past few years, I'm enjoying having an iphone again. When it comes to internet browsing and apps in general, the iphone is much better than anything RIM (or anyone else) has put out so far. Game breaker? Well it was when the first version came out and no-one has matched it yet. They're really just tweaking what already works. I just see it as a multimedia device more than a phone.

For calls and emails though, I'll stick to the blackberry.

By the way, I don't have any reception issues. I know two other people with one who don't have the issue either.

To an extent I agree. However, I went with HTC over my BlackBerry phones. I miss BBM and there is no doubt that they have the best email system. But browsing is woeful.

I would like to see how they go on NextG.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Well if you're going to use it for that then you definitely don't want Optus' crap congested and unreliable network.
I have a Optus 3G stick, it's literally unusable so it's tucked away left to die, the Telstra stick is amazing and the Vodafone connection is good, not on Telstra's level but good.

mal

QCup Player
Brisvegas
Mate go Telstra! Nothing beats the quality worth the extra. I have HTC Desire, $180 business thingi with unlimited sms, unlimited phone, 2.5gb of data, I use it as a WIFI Access point for my PC and I get full 3G speeds and HDSPA or whatever it is everywhere I go (even over at Stradbroke island when I stayed there for a week).

Just make sure you work pays for it and not you, that's how I roll haha..

Oh and broncospwn, I chew through 2.5gb- but I use it alot when I'm out and about for work. Had to purchase a $50 3gb data pack on top of my 2.5gb when I was over at straddie and I even chewed through 2gb of that ha. With the telstra speed you can do anything and everything, I was streaming the broncos game on monday from straddie over my phone on my laptop flawlessly.. again down to Telstra!

guppy

NRL Player
Sorry for bringing the iphone up again, but after using it I can't look at other phone screens without seeing dirty, fuzzy pixels everywhere. Seriously, it's THAT sharp.
I was looking at someone's ipod touch today, and that looked horrible too.

Anyways, carry on.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Maybe you should look at some phones with AMOLED screens. They are miles ahead of the shitty old TFT screens that Apple refuse to budge from using.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If you ever need anything done on your account. Tell that stupid Lara slag that you want "Upgrades".

That'll put you down to Tasmania instead of the useless cunts in India.

Anonymous person

Banned User
Nashy said:
Maybe you should look at some phones with AMOLED screens. They are miles ahead of the shitty old TFT screens that Apple refuse to budge from using.
there is no mobile phone screen better than the iphone 4s at the moment. its not debatable.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Anonymous person said:
Nashy said:
there is no mobile phone screen better than the iphone 4s at the moment. its not debatable.
No. There is. And it is.

Screen resolution maybe better, but in terms of technology, there are far better screen out there.

Please, debate it all you like.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter