NEWS Money or love: Blair's tough choice

Blair has been a great buy for the broncos and has put his heart and soul into every game. But he should leave and get he's pay out for the end of his career. Though I would love for him to stay and it would be sad to see him leave.

Sounds like he'd be pretty unhappy moving to nz. Sometimes you just gotta do what makes you happy.

Isn't there another 100k freed up with Benji moving on? Would that be enough to keep him here? Be such a shame to lose him, but a four year contract at this stage of his career really is an opportunity too good for him to pass up.

Isn't there another 100k freed up with Benji moving on?

not really, because we still have to replace Benji on the roster with someone elese on 100k

Ah, I see.

Yeah when you lose a player from your main squad you still need to replace him, so unless your cleaning out a fair bit of the salary cap with that players departure then you really don't have room to work with. It's unfortunate to lose Blair in a situation like this but sounds like it would take losing someone else of similar or higher value to do so and then you have to factor in replacing them as well and that would be where they are stuck at.

I am happy if he leaves. He is doing it for the right reason and we are being up front with him about it. I hope to god he stays but wont begrudge him for going. Fingers crossed he finds some nice TPAs and gets enough cash to stay is Brissy.

No one will begrudge him for leaving but a four-year deal for that much money at his age is a no-brainer.

We will miss him but it is too good an opportunity to pass up, especially since he'll be leaving a premiership winner.

We might be lucky. He was at the Storm for a fair while, the majority of which was during their cap-free days. How long was he at the Tigers? There's another $1.5 - $2.0 million he's made. 3 years with us, and apparently we paid his full value so another $1.5 million. So technically over that time he's made anywhere from $4 - $6 million. If he's been sensible, maybe that's enough?

he has chased money before and it turned out bad for him. our only chance is if he would prefer happiness over truck loads of cash.

if he takes the offer to remain with us, then hopefully we offer him a coaching /mentoring role for our pack in two years once he has retired to sweeten the pot

And if he does re-sign, despite all the transparency of the fact we can't offer him much, look for the media to state his value to be around 800k a year going up weekly.

And if he does re-sign, despite all the transparency of the fact we can't offer him much, look for the media to state his value to be around 800k a year going up weekly.

Starting bid was 980k with a boat, car and caravan.

Even for a successful club 250k a year for two years is way unders for blair.

Goodluck to the broncos for getting him for that much (+ the 250k on top TPA) but really if he is sacrificing massive money at the end of his career for a few more wins, he might regret it in a few years.

If it was only sacrificing says 600k to 720 k per year for same length contract after tax whatever, but that is a massive blow to take.

Let's all chip in to keep him. Will that go in the cap?

Active Now

• Volvo Driver
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • porouian
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • simplythebest
  • Xzei
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Allo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.