NEWS More than 5000 tackles later, it was a fall that ended Matt Gillett’s career

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
More than 5000 tackles later,
it was a fall that ended Matt Gillett’s career

Chris Honnery,
The Courier-Mail
October 31, 2019 11:38pm

Last edited by a moderator:

There goes the cap exemption.

I reckon the club has more intel than the guy running that Twitter account.

There goes the cap exemption.

If Burgess' is considered a new injury then so is Gillett's. Wasn't Matalino (sp) recently medically retired with cap exemption due to an injury to a knee that had previously been injured?

What relevance does it have if he's had a shoulder reconstruction before? Once you've fully healed from a shoulder reconstruction it ceases to be classified as an "existing injury", so if he completely ***** it 12 months after the operation, and after he's signed a new contract, it's clearly a new injury no matter what way you look at it.

Anyone can see that there was not some crazy deal to get Gillette to stay at the club and get him to retire early,as was the case with Watmough. Isn't this ruling there to stamp out the rorts.
Clearly the guy would play till he's 100 if he could.

I reckon the club has more intel than the guy running that Twitter account.

yeah, they are going in with a tad more than an 11 second video clip ...

Meanwhile post-season scans, doctors' reports and documentation that surgery would not repair Gillett's shoulder will all be put forward to the NRL as part of the Broncos application for him to be medically retired.

It's understood that digitised medical documents clearing Gillett to return from both a shoulder reconstruction at the end of 2018, and the broken neck he sustained in round one of that season will also be provided to illustrate his career-ending injury stems from a round 23 loss this year to the Rabbitohs in this incident.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/31/how-broncos-will-justify-gillett-salary-cap-relief-bid/

As far as I'm concerned he Hurt it legitimately while playing as evidenced by the fact it occured while giving a try assist.

If the NRL deny it after giving the golden boys at Souths a free pass, I hope their homes are burnt down.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • BroncoFan94
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • broncos4life
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.