Morris Out

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Centre Josh Morris will miss Game II of the State of Origin series after sustaining a groin strain.

Dylan Walker comes into the starting side, while Jack Bird will make his debut off the bench.

Is this an improvement for the NSW side?

Bird on the bench is a massive improvement, but Walker to the centres will hurt them big time in defense.

Walker is going to get ruined lol, time for Inglis to step up.

Typical. It takes an injury to force Daley to actually make a smart choice.

It's an improvement because Bird is in the side. He can cover more positions than Walker, and is better in each of those than Walker too.
I dunno how Walker will go defending, but I never thought Morris was a particularly good defender either. They'll just get Walker doing the same role.

Bird might start on the bench, but soon he'll be a long term NSW centre.

Had the Blus selected Bird at centre in the first place and Cartwright on the bench, that would have been a stronger side.

Is Morris even that good?

Is Morris even that good?

If NSW are playing the perfect game, he is a handful. But how often does that happen?

He is a good defender, but that's about all he offers.

But is isn't really going to matter who is marking up against Inglis. I can't remember the last time he had a bad game at Suncorp.

Not origin related, but Morris was brilliant last weekend for the Dogs, looked about as dangerous as i'd seen him in recent memory.

At least it isn't blowjob and at least Walker will just to have to run and that's it, he was tearing Penrith apart with his running last Sunday.

Jack Bird would've been far better. He is an awesome centre.

Let's agree to disagree with the tearing apart thing. He did some nice things interspersed with some school boy errors. The effort was there but he is just simply not that good. Bird is better.

And if you think Qld will give him the same latitude that Penrith did, you're dreaming mate. He will get found out. Would have kept him on the bench & put Bird straight in if I were Loz. We'll see.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.