Most iconic player in each jersey number?

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
Who is the most iconic Broncos player in each jersey number in your eyes?

It might be legend status, or it might be who you remember seeing carve up when you were a kid and it made an impression. Could even be somebody (*cough* Macca *cough*) who owned a jersey for way too long.

Number 6 - Wally, Kevvie or Lockie?
Number 8 - Lazarus or Webcke?

Tallis as a number 11 and definitely not number 12....

Post your 13 (or 17 if you must) of who you most associate each number with throughout the Broncs history and tell us why if you like.

1. Darren Lockyer - makes the list twice because he's who stood out to me as a kid
2. Mick Hancock
3. Steve Renouf
4. Justin Hodges
5. Wendell Sailor - world class winger, just ask him.
6. Darren Lockyer - again
7. Alf
8. Webcke
9. Priddis
10. Civo
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Tunza!

Interested to see who stands out for everybody.

Who is the most iconic Broncos player in each jersey number in your eyes?

It might be legend status, or it might be who you remember seeing carve up when you were a kid and it made an impression. Could even be somebody (*cough* Macca *cough*) who owned a jersey for way too long.

Number 6 - Wally, Kevvie or Lockie?
Number 8 - Lazarus or Webcke?

Tallis as a number 11 and definitely not number 12....

Post your 13 (or 17 if you must) of who you most associate each number with throughout the Broncs history and tell us why if you like.

1. Darren Lockyer - makes the list twice because he's who stood out to me as a kid
2. Mick Hancock
3. Steve Renouf
4. Justin Hodges
5. Wendell Sailor - world class winger, just ask him.
6. Darren Lockyer - again
7. Alf
8. Webcke
9. Priddis
10. Civo
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Tunza!

Interested to see who stands out for everybody.
Pretty good list. Mine would be similar. My changes would be.

6. Kev. Walters - Locky was a good choice, but since we have A few standouts for the position, I won't name a player twice. And Kev is definitely worthy.

9. Kerrod Walters - probably the hardest position to name. He was the hooker I remember growing up, so he gets the nod.

Pretty good list. Mine would be similar. My changes would be.

6. Kev. Walters - Locky was a good choice, but since we have A few standouts for the position, I won't name a player twice. And Kev us definitely worthy.

9. Kerrod Walters - probably the hardest position to name. He was the hooker I remember growing up, so he gets the nod.
Fair call - I remember a little of Kerrod but more of Priddis. I agree Kevvie gave us plenty, but from what I remember personally Locky in 6 is unchallenged.

The weird thing about number one is that I remember Julian O'Neill, and also Khunt, but Locky was the stand out there for mine as well.

For me, if I go first player that comes to mind:

1. Hodges
2. Oates
3. Renouf
4. Carroll
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

Good question. I’ll answer without looking at the other posts.

1. KHunt
2. Tuqiri
3. Falau
4. Hodges
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webke
9. Berrigan
10. Petero
11. Tallis
12. Gillett
13. Parker

Not sure if I’m just showing my age or if the more recent guys haven’t played enough or achieved enough to get the shirt. Boyd probably unlucky to miss out on the 1 for better or worse

1. Lockyer
2. Oates
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. Berrigan
10. Petero
11. Tallis
12. Gillett
13. Carroll

1. Lockyer
2. Lote
3. Renouf
4. Hodgo
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Alf
8. Webke
9. Berrigan
10. Civo
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Tunza

Random seeing Carroll in the number 4 a few posts back - I can't really remember that. I wonder how many games he played there.

Parker in 13 was also close - I mainly remember him for the goal kicking though.....

1. Lockyer
2. Hancock
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Sailor
6. Lockyer
7. Langer
8. Webcke
9. K Walters
10. Petero
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Parker

I thought it would be interesting to list a team based on most games played for the club.

1. Darren Lockyer (355)
2. Michael Hancock (274)
3. Justin Hodges (193)
4. Darius Boyd (205)
5. Corey Oates (194)
6. Kev Walters (241)
7. Allen Langer (258)
8. Shane Webcke (254)
9, Andrew McCullough (260)
10. Andrew Gee (255)
11. Alex Glenn (285)
12. Sam Thaiday (304)
13. Corey Parker (347)

14. Toni Carrol (2018)
15. Petero Civoniciva (235)
16. Brad Thorn (208)
17. Matt Gillett (200)

I thought it would be interesting to list a team based on most games played for the club.

1. Darren Lockyer (355)
2. Michael Hancock (274)
3. Justin Hodges (193)
4. Darius Boyd (205)
5. Corey Oates (194)
6. Kev Walters (241)
7. Allen Langer (258)
8. Shane Webcke (254)
9, Andrew McCullough (260)
10. Andrew Gee (255)
11. Alex Glenn (285)
12. Sam Thaiday (304)
13. Corey Parker (347)

14. Toni Carrol (2018)
15. Petero Civoniciva (235)
16. Brad Thorn (208)
17. Matt Gillett (200)
Macca stands out like a sore thumb there.

Macca stands out like a sore thumb there.
A dozen or so players down the list are the next hooker options in Ben Hunt and Shaun Berrigan who played 187 and 186 games respectively.

That’s of course if you don’t count Thaiday or McGuire

Late to this because I needed time and alcohol to think about it, keep in mind I was born in '91 so I'm going to favour the late 90s onwards more as that is when I actually remember watching us.

Also I don't care about players being in more then one position.

1. Lockyer - Khunt comes close but Lockyer was our best fullback and it can't be questioned, the guy is the only player in history to have golden boot in two positions for a reason.
2. Oates - I get the Hancock argument but he was before my time, Gary is the modern Iconic Bronco imo.
3. Renouf - Before my time mostly but even I can see how iconic he was in the 3 watching past wins(and I atleast watched 2 GF wins live while he was playing).
4. Hodges
5. Sailor (really liked him as a kid and saw him later on and was a great person too, signed my broncos jersey happily even when he was playing for dragons at the time)
6. Lockyer - there is no argument, our best ever player in his best position.
7. Langer
8. Webcke - Him and Petero has to be the most iconic Prop one two the game has seen.
9. Berrigan - Clive Churchill Hooker even if for a small period, that is iconic.
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

This team in their peak would mercy rule the comp every week.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manofoneway
  • broncoscope
  • Morepudding
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mieko
  • sooticus
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.