Most iconic State of Origin game

Shout out to Dallas Johnson, Willie Carne and Martin Lang too, those guys were almost constantly concussed and just kept on going.

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Game II, 1989.

That's a game that showed what the QLD spirit is all about. The only time a QLD side has ever received a standing ovation from the NSW crowd.

Shout out to Dallas Johnson, Willie Carne and Martin Lang too, those guys were almost constantly concussed and just kept on going.
Remember Martin langs runs??!?!?! I haven’t heard this name in years so only just remembered him! He was Michael Hancock on steroids. His head used to bob up and down like he was in a mosh pit. Has anyone got a Martin lang compilation?

Remember Martin langs runs??!?!?! I haven’t heard this name in years so only just remembered him! He was Michael Hancock on steroids. His head used to bob up and down like he was in a mosh pit. Has anyone got a Martin lang compilation?
Were the Lang’s the original father and son coach/player duo?

Were the Lang’s the original father and son coach/player duo?

There were a couple before them.

Bob Fulton coached his sons Brett and Scott at Manly before those two came around.

What stage does Wayne Bennett and his superstar son, Scott Minto fall into?

One that probably doesn't get mentioned much but might be my favourite game is game two, 2010. The peak of QLD's dominance and really the only series of the modern era where NSW were no chance. 2009 was the gap widening between the two teams and in 2010 QLD were well and truly a class above.

Game 2, 2010 is most notably remembered for the Andrew Johns incident but QLD responded by putting on a clinic and Locky winning man of the match. Also featured one of the worst spear tackles ever on Boyd - no send off. Same bloke headbutting and punching Dave Taylor, all in the space of five minutes. Fired QLD up and NSW were sent packing with their tails between their legs.

One that probably doesn't get mentioned much but might be my favourite game is game two, 2010. The peak of QLD's dominance and really the only series of the modern era where NSW were no chance. 2009 was the gap widening between the two teams and in 2010 QLD were well and truly a class above.

Game 2, 2010 is most notably remembered for the Andrew Johns incident but QLD responded by putting on a clinic and Locky winning man of the match. Also featured one of the worst spear tackles ever on Boyd - no send off. Same bloke headbutting and punching Dave Taylor, all in the space of five minutes. Fired QLD up and NSW were sent packing with their tails between their legs.
What year was it when Greg Inglis destroyed Gasnier?

Definitely Game 3 2001. Even though the Broncos were dominant in the late 90s, I'd lost my appetite for Rugby League quite a bit as I was more interested in playing football, schoolwork and chasing girls. Then this game happened and it re-ignited my love for Rugby League. My childhood idol coming back to destroy NSW was amazing.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.