Mouth Watering or What?

FCB BB AKA MB said:
hopefully the McCulloch?? fella is verygood because we are going to need him to be.

I have been watching the under uder 20's play quite a bit .

McCollough is definately quite a talent, he can play anywhere in the halves.

The last game I saw McCollough play in the under 20's, he was shifted from 5/8 to start as hooker. And he tore the defence apart with his dummy half darting runs. He even scored a try if my memory serves me correctly.

We still have PJ Marsh to guide us around, Marsh was on fire early this season before he got injured. He even got a MOM award. So I am not too concerned about losing Ennis.

McCollough is definately a handy back-up for Marsh and a really good utility coming off the bench ( if selected)

i guess for brisbane we can look to our u20s for support..

Hunt, McCollough, Tupou, Beale...

add Butterfield to that too, i think he's a more old school hooker.

so the u20 comp is working if bennet/henjak use what we have there

1. Hunt
2. Boyd/Tupou/Beale
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels/Kemp
6.Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Marsh

14 McCollough

Our backs won't be able to do anything unless we have some forwards.

One can only imagine how much of this is due to good old WB jumping ships early.

Well judging by all the names being thrown around today, it's pretty even between outside backs and forwards that are going.

Better start paying attention to the NYC team, looks like they'll make up the majority of first grade next year!

So Hannant is Confirmed Gone.. And Thats all... I think we need to wait and not worry ourselves

I think this season might be the last where we have a good chance of winning the premiership for a while. Some experienced players gone + a number of other ones probably gone too, and we only have Folau and a few QLD Cup / U20 inexperienced players to replace them..

I think we will be fine, we always are in the top half and the comp is so close that i wouldn't think we would be far away as long as a few of the kids aren't nuffies.

we will do it tough if we have a lot of injuries like we usually do. And SOO time will be even harder next year.

The Rock said:
Lockyer, Wallace, Folau, Hodges, Hunt - Those players you can EASILY build a team around, especially when you got guys like Sam Thaiday, Ashton Sims, David Taylor etc in the team.

And therein lies a problem. look at the leaders in those names.

Lockyer...Wally Lewis will vouch that time will catch up excellence.
Hunt...IMO should be Captain, for some reason has shyed (or been shyed) away from the role. Definetly the biggest
players player in the team.
Wallace...When he sells out for the $$$, will be a skipper of his NEXT club.
Hodges/ Falou...look great, orsm players, not captains and not really leadership material (not yet anyways)
Thaiday/ Sims/ Taylor...same same.

Apart from Parker (who I have major issues with anyways), we have no real leaders on field. After Locky does go, it could be a real problem. I hope they start tailoring Hunt for this role.

A team full of great players, doesn't mean it's going to be a great team

Hodgo played an excellent captains knock against the Titans. He has a few stupid things in his game and gets a bit agro.. but so did Tallis and he was a great captain.

Hunt and Wallace appear to be the leaders out there.Hunt never stops with the talk and Wallace is like Locky with the calm way he goes about his job.

I reckon we will struggle bad in the coming few years.It is heartbreaking watching the kids out there who have taken the past couple of years to be built up into finally this year really showing just how good they are and how much better they are going to be in the next year and past that and to know next year they will be gone.So many in one hit. [icon_non

One by one the older guys have left and next year it is TC.After that there is none left out there as a role model or a guide for these blokes.I thought they had done a brilliant job of bringing these guys Hennant, Kemp ,Boyd etc up so much from what they were last year and now it is sh*** to see them walking and we have to start again and build young kids not to mention doing it without Bennett.

Ennis has been mouthing off in all forms of the media for so long on what clubs are after him it is becoming a bit sickening but also makes me think maybe a smokescreen and he is staying at the club. eusa_think I hope he does.Taken us too many years to get a decent hooker to just let one walk away.Love him or hate him it is a fact.

Looking as if it is going to be:
1. Hunt
2. Boyd/ (anyone from U20's if he leaves)
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels
6.Lockyer
7. Wallace
9. Marsh

14 Moon/Mcullough.
Moon should play 13 though.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.