Movie Thread

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
I watched The Intern the other day.

I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but it turned out to be quite a wholesome film. Not the kind of role I'm used to seeing Bobby De Niro play, but fair dinkum that bloke can act.
I think I've seen it twice and I can agree it ticks a few boxes for me. A commentary on ageism, a great acting performance and a well made film.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
Huge Huge - quarantine movie list:
schmaltzy sports movies:
1. Remember the Titans
2. We Are Marshall
3. Rudy
4. Hoosiers
5. Friday Night Lights
6. Slap Shot
7. Invincible
8. The Replacements
9. Undefeated
10. Coach Carter

Other recommendations:
1. Stand and Deliver
2. Glory
3. Kelly's Heroes
4. Lean on Me
5. Freedom Writers

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Add in Any Given Sunday too!

8. The Replacements

10. Coach Carter

Also, just want to shout out these two films.

I need to watch The Replacements again, I reckon it's seriously underrated. Gene Hackman is such a fucking legend too.

And Coach Carter - Samuel L. knocks this shit right out of the park. It's an awesome flick that looks at real life issues.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Huge Huge - quarantine movie list:
schmaltzy sports movies:
1. Remember the Titans
2. We Are Marshall
3. Rudy
4. Hoosiers
5. Friday Night Lights
6. Slap Shot
7. Invincible
8. The Replacements
9. Undefeated
10. Coach Carter

Other recommendations:
1. Stand and Deliver
2. Glory
3. Kelly's Heroes
4. Lean on Me
5. Freedom Writers
Quite a list and a few of them I've definitely already viewed. Thanks. I must say I enjoyed Dark Waters although it felt like it had been done before. Erin Brokovich. The Rainmaker. A Civil Action.

Smartseal

QCup Player
Seen All The Presidents Men, top show, they don't seem to make movies like that these days, get a hold of The Natural mate, I reckon you will enjoy it, good story line, has a great cast, Wikipedia gives a good run down on the plot
If you're into redford, another i liked (though will admit to not having watched it for a looong time, so could be lame as shit) is 3 Days of the Condor.
Typical spy thriller from back in the day, it was recently redone as a series, which i did enjoy

I concur on The Natural, great movie

Last edited:

The Fisherman

QCup Player
If you're into redford, another i liked (though will admit to not having watched it for a looong time, so could be lame as shit) is 3 Days of the Condor.
Typical spy thriller from back in the day, it was recently redone as a series, which i did enjoy

I concur on The Natural, great movie
Hi Smartseal, watched the 3 Days of the Condor, its actually a real good movie, thanks for the reminder

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Just watched Tenet. I have no idea what I watched
Crap movie but that's just me. I probably am completely wrong but it was a waste of my time. No doubt it had some great parts but I have no idea what or where they were.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Crap movie but that's just me. I probably am completely wrong but it was a waste of my time. No doubt it had some great parts but I have no idea what or where they were.

I’m a massive Nolan fan but I didn’t love it either. I also can’t bring myself to watch it again because the first hour was just so boring.

The two stand out scenes were the car chase and the reverse protagonist fight scene. Both of those scenes were marvellously shot but I just feel it was a James Bond movie with a bit of time weirdness thrown in.

Last edited:

The Don

QCup Player
Don't know if anyone here is into the DC/Marvel movies but if you are save 2.5 hours and don't bother with Wonder Woman 1984.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
Don't know if anyone here is into the DC/Marvel movies but if you are save 2.5 hours and don't bother with Wonder Woman 1984.
I have 'discovered' the Critical Drinker on YouTube and he fucking gave it to WW84!

This guy is funny, satirical, intelligent and offensive . In short, perfect.

His dismantling of Star Trek discovery and Picard is funny as hell and so so on the money about this pc garbage world we now endure.

He certainly was no fan of Wonder What!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.