Movie Thread

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
DC movies still lack a sense of humour but Wonder Woman 1984 is a convoluted mess. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I have 'discovered' the Critical Drinker on YouTube and he fucking gave it to WW84!

This guy is funny, satirical, intelligent and offensive . In short, perfect.

His dismantling of Star Trek discovery and Picard is funny as hell and so so on the money about this pc garbage world we now endure.

He certainly was no fan of Wonder What!

You’d like Chris Struckmann’s reviews too I think. He usually nails it and isn’t afraid to give it to a movie if it is rubbish. His hilariocity reviews are good fun.

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
You’d like Chris Struckmann’s reviews too I think. He usually nails it and isn’t afraid to give it to a movie if it is rubbish. His hilariocity reviews are good fun.
Thanks, I'll look him up. Sometimes it's more than just what they say but how it's delivered.

scobie

NYC Player
Watched Tenet. Everyone is saying it needs to be watched twice, but fxxx me, not sure I could sit through it again. I was able to follow the story a lot better than I was expecting to, just thought it was an ordinary story told in a clever way. Not a patch on Inception.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
The unfortunate thing about Tenet is it would have been far more interesting to see what the future Protagonist's journey was like from the end working backwards, and his friendship and recruiting of Neil.

Watched this last night - 😢

mary.jpg

Alec

International Rep
Never seen it. Taking the piss though? He was pretty great at his peak.
Nah, it's a genuinely great movie and he does a good job. From the makers of Airplane, possibly doesn't quite reach the same heights, but it's right up there IMO.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Nah, it's a genuinely great movie and he does a good job. From the makers of Airplane, possibly doesn't quite reach the same heights, but it's right up there IMO.

Will check it out and report back!

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
Credit to HBO Max, finally figured out how to get it here and the amount of content is pretty impressive.

Also having theatrical releases like WW84 for no extra charge and the films set for release this year make it somewhat worthy of its price tag.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Credit to HBO Max, finally figured out how to get it here and the amount of content is pretty impressive.

Also having theatrical releases like WW84 for no extra charge and the films set for release this year make it somewhat worthy of its price tag.
I’ve been talking to the mrs about getting it. HBO makes the best content, by far IMO. Is it just by VPN?

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
I’ve been talking to the mrs about getting it. HBO makes the best content, by far IMO. Is it just by VPN?
It's pretty great so far.
It was a bit more difficult than just using a VPN though as the sign up requires a US payment method, but that can be diverted around through your phone with a fair few more steps depending on your device.
Once you get past that annoying set up part it's good as gold though, app and all.

If you're keen I'll shoot you a PM with steps or post them in here if I'm allowed, there's nothing illegal about it haha

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
It's pretty great so far.
It was a bit more difficult than just using a VPN though as the sign up requires a US payment method, but that can be diverted around through your phone with a fair few more steps depending on your device?
Once you get past that annoying set up part it's good as gold though, app and all.

If you're keen I'll shoot you a PM with steps or post them in here if I'm allowed, there's nothing illegal about it haha
Edit: Keep in mind there's probably more than one way to get it that might be simpler than this less than technically gifted guy here
All good mate, I’m sure could work it out once I decide to get it, but I’ll PM you if I have questions for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.