Movie Thread

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I'm a big fan of the John Wick movies. I use them as an example of why I'm a fan of Keanu Reeves in action movies too. That guy just puts in the effort to make it look believable, even for something as crazy as John Wick. He can just do complex long takes, which is what you want to see in action movies. You don't want to see camera changing 3 times a second.

There is a reason for that. Reeves does a metric sh*t ton of live fire 3 gun training to get ready for these films...

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
Just saw The Predator, pretty average movie tbh, no real suspense and the plot and characters felt one dimensional, decent action and the humour was average at best, it's what you can expect from an Alien or Predator series movie these days.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
The Meg.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Now going to watch Sicario: Day of the Soldado. The first Sicario movie was quality, hopefully this one is just as good.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
The Meg.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Now going to watch Sicario: Day of the Soldado. The first Sicario movie was quality, hopefully this one is just as good.
You couldn't guess that going in? Gave me a few giggles but was utterly predictable. Visuals were ok.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Watching Mission Impossible III.

Somehow he was a good enough shot to shoot down a drone, but he couldn't hit a slow moving helicopter? Strange how he suddenly goes from being a great shot to a shit shot.

Morkel

International Captain
Watched Ant Man & Wasp last night. Great movie, just as enjoyable as the first one. Not high stakes of course but super fun and Rudd, Douglas & Lily nail it, as do the supporting cast.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Searching (2018)

How well do you really know somebody? Sure, you may know the essential details and certain facts, but there's always a side that remains hidden. Searching is every parent's worst nightmare, a beloved daughter goes missing and nobody seems to know her whereabouts. The only clue to her whereabouts is her online activity where everybody pretends to be the best versions of themselves.

'Searching' could have easily fallen on it's face, but first-time director Aneesh Chaganty invested enough attention to detail to make this cyber mystery as exhilarating as it can be.

So far my film of 2018.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Watching Dodgeball for the first time in a long, long time.

Forgot how quotable this movie was! It's a good laugh.

Last edited:

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
Searching (2018)

How well do you really know somebody? Sure, you may know the essential details and certain facts, but there's always a side that remains hidden. Searching is every parent's worst nightmare, a beloved daughter goes missing and nobody seems to know her whereabouts. The only clue to her whereabouts is her online activity where everybody pretends to be the best versions of themselves.

'Searching' could have easily fallen on it's face, but first-time director Aneesh Chaganty invested enough attention to detail to make this cyber mystery as exhilarating as it can be.

So far my film of 2018.
Totally agree, just saw it and thought it was brilliantly done.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Watching Dodgeball for the first time in a long, long time.

Forgot how quotable this movie was! It's a good laugh.
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump some doorknobs out there."

Speaking of Dodgeball, that Lance Armstrong scene is a little awkward now...

Allo

NRL Captain
Assassin’s Creed is on Netflix now. I still don’t know the plot really. I know it needed to give context to the Animus and Abstergo, but way too much cutting between past and present. I don’t know if the modern day part of the game’s devices can work in a 2hr movie

They could just copy the game series and just franchise the **** out of it to be a purely ‘historical’ series involving assassins and Templars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter