Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ningnangnong, Nov 21, 2015.

Tags:

There is a reason for that. Reeves does a metric sh*t ton of live fire 3 gun training to get ready for these films...

1. Just saw The Predator, pretty average movie tbh, no real suspense and the plot and characters felt one dimensional, decent action and the humour was average at best, it's what you can expect from an Alien or Predator series movie these days.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. The Meg.

Complete and utter rubbish.

Now going to watch Sicario: Day of the Soldado. The first Sicario movie was quality, hopefully this one is just as good.

You couldn't guess that going in? Gave me a few giggles but was utterly predictable. Visuals were ok.

3. I knew it was going to be rubbish, but I was hoping it would be decent at least.

Harry Sack likes this.
  4. Watching Mission Impossible III.

Somehow he was a good enough shot to shoot down a drone, but he couldn't hit a slow moving helicopter? Strange how he suddenly goes from being a great shot to a shit shot.

5. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Equaliser 2 was a bit underwhelming. Just didn’t reach the heights of the original

6. Smartseal

Smartseal QCup Player

Agree, as was Sicario 2

7. Morkel

Morkel

Watched Ant Man & Wasp last night. Great movie, just as enjoyable as the first one. Not high stakes of course but super fun and Rudd, Douglas & Lily nail it, as do the supporting cast.

Harry Sack, Sproj and Cult3 like this.
  8. Searching (2018)

How well do you really know somebody? Sure, you may know the essential details and certain facts, but there's always a side that remains hidden. Searching is every parent's worst nightmare, a beloved daughter goes missing and nobody seems to know her whereabouts. The only clue to her whereabouts is her online activity where everybody pretends to be the best versions of themselves.

'Searching' could have easily fallen on it's face, but first-time director Aneesh Chaganty invested enough attention to detail to make this cyber mystery as exhilarating as it can be.

So far my film of 2018.

9. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Watching Dodgeball for the first time in a long, long time.

Forgot how quotable this movie was! It's a good laugh.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Harry Sack likes this.
  10. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Totally agree, just saw it and thought it was brilliantly done.

BroncosAlways likes this.
  11. "It's like watching a bunch of **** trying to hump some doorknobs out there."

Speaking of Dodgeball, that Lance Armstrong scene is a little awkward now...

12. ningnangnong

Currently watching The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.

Morkel likes this.
  13. ningnangnong

Keanu Reeves is a ****' mad **** though, ay.

14. ningnangnong

And like, 90s Sandra Bullock.

15. ningnangnong

I don't know who I love more - Keanu Reeves or Sandra Bullock?

16. Alec

Alec International Rep

I'm not gay... but Keanu Reeves, man.

KickHaas, soup and ningnangnong like this.
  17. Allo

Allo NRL Player

Assassin’s Creed is on Netflix now. I still don’t know the plot really. I know it needed to give context to the Animus and Abstergo, but way too much cutting between past and present. I don’t know if the modern day part of the game’s devices can work in a 2hr movie

They could just copy the game series and just franchise the **** out of it to be a purely ‘historical’ series involving assassins and Templars.