Movie Thread

Sproj

International Rep
Watched Ant Man and the Wasp.

I'm different to everyone else. A lot of people are raving on about it but to me these Marvel movies are being ruined by the pathetic attempts at humour. These movies could be some of the greatest in history but they are ruining them trying to mix comedy in with them.
So you mean they’d be better off going the DC route and being all dark and morbid? Cos they definitely haven’t worked thus far aside from Dark Knight 1 and 2.

Marvel generally strikes a great balance between serious and comedy and I would suggest most people watch them as a bit of an escape from reality.

The Last Jedi (which I really liked) is a great example of a movie that gets its comedic tones ill timed and all over the place.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Watched Ant Man and the Wasp.

I'm different to everyone else. A lot of people are raving on about it but to me these Marvel movies are being ruined by the pathetic attempts at humour. These movies could be some of the greatest in history but they are ruining them trying to mix comedy in with them.
I thought it was just okay, not great. But it was coming off the back of Infinity Wars which WAS great...

If only DC could make it to ‘just okay...’

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
Went and saw Creed 2 today, definitely a good sequel and it was weird having Ivan Drago say more then like 9 lines in a Rocky movie.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
On the menu for December and January:

Spider-Man: into the spider verse
The grinch
Bumblebee
Vice
Dragon ball super: Broly
Once upon a deadpool
Glass

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
My sister is taking me to the movies tonight to see Holmes and Watson for my birthday, judging by the IMDB and rotten tomato ratings I'm expecting to be absolutely shit house.

Alec

International Rep
My sister is taking me to the movies tonight to see Holmes and Watson for my birthday, judging by the IMDB and rotten tomato ratings I'm expecting to be absolutely shit house.
I had some mild hopes for it, because Will Ferrell can be entertaining when he puts some effort in. But I guess he hasn't put any effort in since Step Brothers or Talladega Nights, whichever was more recent.

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
I had some mild hopes for it, because Will Ferrell can be entertaining when he puts some effort in. But I guess he hasn't put any effort in since Step Brothers or Talladega Nights, whichever was more recent.
Well back from seeing it, weird movie with some laughs here and there but overall felt lazy in general and not a movie I would pay to go to the movies for. Rather wait for it to come out on media/stream and watch when there is nothing else to watch or do. Seen worse but seen a hell of a lot better as well.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Saw Spider-Man. Pretty depressing actually and while a really interesting concept, I felt it just missed something. It felt a little disjointed and silly. Good for watching once but won’t be watching it again.

GCBRONCO

State of Origin Captain
Gold Coast
Saw Bumblebee and got to say the first 10 minutes was more entertaining, felt more like G1 Transformers then the whole michael bay transformers series combined. Enjoyable flick for the whole family.

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Well back from seeing it, weird movie with some laughs here and there but overall felt lazy in general and not a movie I would pay to go to the movies for. Rather wait for it to come out on media/stream and watch when there is nothing else to watch or do. Seen worse but seen a hell of a lot better as well.
I saw it, was complete arse I thought...

Apparently it tested so poorly even Netflix didn’t want it...

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I don't know if a streamed movie counts but I just enjoyed Green Book. Starts a little slowly and I wasn't hopeful after seeing a heavy version of Viggo Mortensen but by mid movie I was invested. Pretty well handled treatment of a racism issue in 60s USA and close to my heart on the musical side with Mahershala Ali playing the piano.

It had plenty of moments but the one that stuck was Viggo as the bodyguard/chaffeur/tour manager and Ali broken down adjacent a field being worked with hand tools by African-Americans. White Italian Viggo driving the immaculately tailored Ali. Couldn't help but think despite it's incongruity a few field hands must have thought a better life could be achieved. Mind you I'm a whitey so wtf would I know

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
I was bored today and was browsing through Netflix and decided to watch Gone Girl again.

It's been a long time since I've seen that movie and I forgot how good it was. Rosamund Pike was brilliant.

BroncosAlways

NRL Player
Home
I was bored today and was browsing through Netflix and decided to watch Gone Girl again.

It's been a long time since I've seen that movie and I forgot how good it was. Rosamund Pike was brilliant.
The book was also amazing, one of those books where you remember where you were when you finished it.

Me? I was at Oportos, and was so incredibly angry at the ending that I wanted to throw the book in the bin and set it alight. There were a few things the movie left out at the end which made it a bit better to stomach.
Gillian Flynn is a great author, it's a shame her other book Dark Places was ruined by the movie.

Great movie though!

Alec

International Rep
I remember watching Gone Girl on a first date when it came out. She wanted me to choose between that and Guardians of the Galaxy or something I think. I picked Gone Girl because I never really liked Marvel or comics books.

Definitely not a good date movie, lol. There was only one date.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter