Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ningnangnong, Nov 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Me too, and agree. I’ve always had a soft spot for both Winona and Ethan, though. Didn’t know that we are of a similar age... Toowoomba too, eh?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Sorry, I meant this movie (Scott Pilgrim) was my generation's version of Reality Bites.

Toowoomba?

soup likes this.
  3. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Never mind, wires crossed. Need to put down phone and sleep.

All good.

Have you had the chance to check out First Reformed? I've seen pop up on a few best movie lists from 2018 and seen Hawke praised specifically for his performance. It's definitely on my radar.

4. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Wow! That looks excellent. Just checked out the trailer and will be watching tonight. Thanks mate.

5. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Did you give it a watch? I’m considering it.

6. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Green Book. Excellent film, particularly the acting from the two leads. It is a little bit ‘feel goody’ but the performances tie it together. The music is wonderful. This film makes you hungry though.

7. This is absolutely **** spot on.

8. Allo

Allo NRL Player

New live action Aladdin sneak peek:

Hey look it’s Will Smith playing Will-Smith-As-A-Genie

9. Literally my thoughts

10. Allo

Allo NRL Player

I mean on the surface of it he doesn’t look too bad considering. But he can’t play anyone but Will Smith anymore. that’s my biggest problem with him

broncospwn, Harry Sack and Tom like this.
  11. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Just be happy his son Jadyn isn't playing Alladin

12. I really get the feeling this is going to be shit.

13. Sproj

Sproj

I mean, it was the role Tobias was born to play.

ningnangnong likes this.
    Sproj likes this.
  15. Alec

Alec International Rep

Yeah, pretty much like all the other live action Disney remakes. I think they are only doing it for trademark reasons, plus a quick easy buck.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  16. The only Disney live action remake I've seen is 101 Dalmations, and I didn't have a choice in the matter.

I don't plan on changing that with Aladdin, but I'm at a loss at who you could get to play the Genie. That was Robin Williams and you could get any celebrity whether it be Jack Black, Will Ferrell, Ricky Gervais, Seth Rogan, Kevin Hart etc. and it just wouldn't be right.

Harry Sack and Sproj like this.
  17. Agreed 100%. Allo nailed it though, it just looks like Smith playing Smith. I really hope I'm wrong, it's one of my favourite Disney movies

Very highly likely.

I have no doubt they are going to ruin Lion King, as well. Trailer looks good, but as I've said before, you can make any shit movie look great with a well put together trailer.