Movie Thread

soup

State of Origin Rep
For me this was my generation's Reality Bites,
Me too, and agree. I’ve always had a soft spot for both Winona and Ethan, though. Didn’t know that we are of a similar age... Toowoomba too, eh?

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
All good.

Have you had the chance to check out First Reformed? I've seen pop up on a few best movie lists from 2018 and seen Hawke praised specifically for his performance. It's definitely on my radar.

soup

State of Origin Rep
All good.

Have you had the chance to check out First Reformed? I've seen pop up on a few best movie lists from 2018 and seen Hawke praised specifically for his performance. It's definitely on my radar.
Wow! That looks excellent. Just checked out the trailer and will be watching tonight. Thanks mate.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Green Book. Excellent film, particularly the acting from the two leads. It is a little bit ‘feel goody’ but the performances tie it together. The music is wonderful. This film makes you hungry though.

Allo

NRL Captain
New live action Aladdin sneak peek:

Hey look it’s Will Smith playing Will-Smith-As-A-Genie

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I mean on the surface of it he doesn’t look too bad considering. But he can’t play anyone but Will Smith anymore. that’s my biggest problem with him
Just be happy his son Jadyn isn't playing Alladin

Alec

International Rep
I really get the feeling this is going to be shit.
Yeah, pretty much like all the other live action Disney remakes. I think they are only doing it for trademark reasons, plus a quick easy buck.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
The only Disney live action remake I've seen is 101 Dalmations, and I didn't have a choice in the matter.

I don't plan on changing that with Aladdin, but I'm at a loss at who you could get to play the Genie. That was Robin Williams and you could get any celebrity whether it be Jack Black, Will Ferrell, Ricky Gervais, Seth Rogan, Kevin Hart etc. and it just wouldn't be right.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
The only Disney live action remake I've seen is 101 Dalmations, and I didn't have a choice in the matter.

I don't plan on changing that with Aladdin, but I'm at a loss at who you could get to play the Genie. That was Robin Williams and you could get any celebrity whether it be Jack Black, Will Ferrell, Ricky Gervais, Seth Rogan, Kevin Hart etc. and it just wouldn't be right.
Agreed 100%. Allo nailed it though, it just looks like Smith playing Smith. I really hope I'm wrong, it's one of my favourite Disney movies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter