Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by ningnangnong, Nov 21, 2015.

Tags:
    Braveheart is all over the shop. I love a period piece but it ruins the immersion for me when there's so much wrong with the historical accuracy.

1. Not entirely fictional. It's partly based on a true story about the Niland brothers that served in the US Army during WW2.

Morkel likes this.
  2. I know, his sword was nowhere near big enough. I’ve been to Stirling castle and I’ve seen William Wallace’s actual sword and it was friggin massive.

Easily the most impressive part of his story and it was glossed over!

Bloody Hollywood!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Black Philip likes this.
  3. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

He hates the English I've heard so he makes them look like bastards. Look at how he made them complete assholes in The Patriot too.

4. Sproj

Sproj

Speaking of historically inaccurate movies, I really liked The Greatest Showman, I actually really, really liked it.

5. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

[​IMG]

Jason Simmons and Tom like this.
  6. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

[​IMG]

7. I just watched the Netflix movie 'The boy who harvested the Wind' and I enjoyed it. Nothing spectacular but due to it's truthful origins it makes the movie that little bit special. A feel good ending never goes astray.

8. Captain Marvel was pretty damn good.

Felt very gen 1 Marvel movie too.

9. Sproj

Sproj

I'm off to see it tonight. :) It is actually released here at the same time for once.

10. Two end credit scenes. The second one isn't important but kind of amusing.

11. Sproj

Sproj

That is actually really good to know because the cleaners at the cinema are as annoying as anything and tell people to get out when the credits roll.

I'm seeing it in 4D, do you guys have that back there yet?

12. Sproj

Sproj

That is actually really good to know because the cleaners at the cinema are as annoying as anything and tell people to get out when the credits roll.

I'm seeing it in 4D, do you guys have that back there yet?

13. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Tomorrow for me. Can't wait!

Porthoz likes this.
  14. I didn't even bother seeing it in 3D.

15. Yup, tomorrow for me too!

16. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    Ditched work early yesterday to go watch it. I went in expecting it to be decent and I was pleasantly surprised that it was better than that.

The scene where she realises the true extent of her powers was just plain fun.