Movie Thread

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Just watched 2012.

The absolutely most Hollywood of all the Hollywood movies. Sheesh.

Still, it was okay.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Just watched a documentary on the Iraq War called Only The Dead.

Basically all handheld footage from an Aussie journalist who managed to get super close to parties on both sides. Thoroughly recommend it, but be warned, it is very much NSFL.

Alec

International Rep
Watched Crawl today. I thought it would be like Sharknado or something going in, but it was unironically pretty solid. Not outstanding or anything, but pretty entertaining. The girl from Skins and the sniper from Saving Private Ryan were the only 2 real characters (other than the dog and a handful of other nameless gator bait), and they were pretty good.

KickHaas

BRL Player
Long shot was a decent watch if you need your wifey or S/O involved. Best Seth Rogan movie since pineapple express

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Watched Den of Thieves the other night.

Quite long at over 2.5 hours, but had my attention the whole time. Yeah, heist movies are a bit overdone, but I always enjoy 'em! It wasn't as cliche as you'd expect.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Marvel definitely looks to be going in a more cosmic / mature direction.

Dr. Strange 2 to be a horror movie
Black Widow likely to be quite violent
Blade of course with both horror and violent elements
Eternals will be cosmic of course
WandaVision to be horror/mystical
Loki always has had the mystical elements

Allo

NRL Captain
Watched the first two Austin Powers movies as they’re on Netflix atm. Never really watched them properly as they were released when I was still in primary school, but I knew the gist of them.

Stupidly funny, and the pop culture references make way more sense then they would have when I was younger.

Also, young Liz Hurley and Heather Graham. Hot damn.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
Watched the first two Austin Powers movies as they’re on Netflix atm. Never really watched them properly as they were released when I was still in primary school, but I knew the gist of them.

Stupidly funny, and the pop culture references make way more sense then they would have when I was younger.

Austin Powers is amazing. Haven't watched for a while but they're definitely getting another run now I know they're on Netflix.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep

I wouldn't watch number 3 really. Apart from the Goldmember stuff, it mostly falls flat IMO

Alec

International Rep
Austin Powers 1 and 2 were fantastic. 3, not so much.

I'd say the first is tied with Wayne's World 1 for his best movie, not counting cameos or anything.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Just saw once upon a time in hollywood at the cinema and I got to say that was one of the best movie I have seen in ages, not necessarily one of quentin tarantino's best but definitely well worth watching.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Just saw once upon a time in hollywood at the cinema and I got to say that was one of the best movie I have seen in ages, not necessarily one of quentin tarantino's best but definitely well worth watching.
Keen to see it. Also really keen to see the second chapter of IT when it comes out this week.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
IT 2. Could have been so much better, but the payoff for every genuinely creepy moment was a crappy CGI chase - over and over again. Lazy. It had it's moments, some of the performances were good but overall it looks like the film makers took the easy, cheap option.

There is a little bit more going on symbolically in the film for anyone that's into that sort of thing. The three dead lights for example, the concept of three lights as a symbol of death goes back a ways in art and what not. And a few back and forths between IT and Twin Peaks are of interest too.

Worth a watch, don't expect too much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter