Movie Thread

Tom

State of Origin Rep
An argument can also be made for Frasier. I find it very hard to distinguish the best of those 2. I am of the opinion that the classic Frasier episodes are more hilarious than the classic Seinfeld episodes, but that the volume of excellent Seinfeld episodes is greater than the volume of excellent Frasier episodes.

I think my favourite Frasier episode is the one where Niles and Martin go to the theatre and pretend to be gay.
My favourite Seinfeld episode is probably the one where Seinfeld was upgraded to first class and Elaine was stuck in coach, or the competition.

Other all time sitcoms are:
Family Ties
The Cosby Show (pre-drug-raping Bill Cosby was acknowledged)

Everybody Loves Raymond is somewhere a thousand leagues behind these guys. Probably put alongside Modern Family (forumla: Dumb dad, smart hot mum, funny gay guys, old ugly man with young hot 2nd wife, dumb kid, smart kid, hot kid)
Didn't watch too much Frasier, though I loved Cheers. Becker is probably my favourite after Seinfeld.

morethenjack

NYC Player
Brisbane
Well let me put it this way - would you be annoyed if people were singing along?

I just think it would be a lot more fun with everyone going 'Hey! Hey! Hey!" along with James. It would have been incredible to see live for sure, but damn expensive. I don't think they have too much touring left in them.

I'll probably see it Friday. I'm not intimidated by crowds, so I might ask everyone there if they feel like singing along - hopefully everyone is feeling the same thing and will go along. Will make it twice as fun!
No, I will probably be singing along too. I think the kind of people that go to see a Metallica concert in a cinema are going to be bonded by their fandom making singing along pretty standard. I mean it’s going to be pretty hard to stat silent when Het starts dropping those “ewwww-yeah-heaaa”s.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
I guess it's worth asking, is anyone going to see The Shining in 4K while it's out?

Kubrick, Lynch, PTA - I will always see their films at the cinema, every chance I get.

Can't wait to see Joker this week too!

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I guess it's worth asking, is anyone going to see The Shining in 4K while it's out?

Kubrick, Lynch, PTA - I will always see their films at the cinema, every chance I get.

Can't wait to see Joker this week too!
Not me, seen it enough times.

I'll def be seeing Joker!

holdzy89

NRL Captain
No not at all. I watched it days before joker and I think that was a mistake as the ending of joker may have been less impactful because of it
I can see that perspective. I've seen King of Comedy a few times, but not for a few years, so it wasn't at the forefront of my mind as I watched Joker.

I thought the satirical element of the ending, which it shares with the King of Comedy, was a lot sharper in Joker. They edit out the word 'fucking' from the broadcast, but not the disturbing violence. That is American media to a tee.

So many good things to say about this movie - Joaquin is the best actor working today imo. The guy who directed Old School directed this movie? Blew my mind. This movie employs some subtle and nuanced film language - the music is excellent.

That final shot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter