Movie Thread

Alec

International Rep
I haven't seen it, but I heard some of the plot points from the new Terminator movie. Sounds really fucking stupid, even by the post-T2 standards.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Do yourselves a favour and watch “Priest” on SBS OnDemand. Granted, I’m only halfway through, but vampire hunters on motorcycles in a gloomy Mad Max/Western style world is ticking my boxes. Very nicely made.

Last edited:

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Saw the new Terminator flick, the review on IMDB are making it out to be an absolute terrible movie with ratings of 1 or 2 out of 10 but that's far from accurate. It is by no means in league with Terminator 1 or 2, but it's certainly better then the ones that followed them. As long as you go in expecting a good action flick you will enjoy it. Expect it to be Terminator 1 or 2 you will be disappointed.

That said I think they should just leave the franchise alone now and not end up like the Alien or Predator franchises, I just don't think you can recapture the essence of the first two films had.

Last edited:

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Was really hoping it would be a return to form for Murphy, shame. What was his last decent movie? Coming to America?
Bowfinger was pretty good.

I mean, he was okay. But it was basically desperate Eddie trying to be relevant again - the whole movie reeked of it.

Very curious how his stand up special will go. I will watch it of course, Delirious and Raw are top notch. He seems too insecure to hit those highs again.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Okja - how had I not seen this until now? It was beautiful.

Bong Joon-ho is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Plus his name is Bong.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Okja - how had I not seen this until now? It was beautiful.

Bong Joon-ho is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Plus his name is Bong.
Definitely a trippy movie.
- Merged

If you are into Korean film, check out Parasite, very very well crafted movie with a tempo change thrown in half way through.

Last edited:

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Definitely a trippy movie.
- Merged

If you are into Korean film, check out Parasite, very very well crafted movie with a tempo change thrown in half way through.
I think I plugged it a few pages back, loved it. Same director.

He also made Snowpiercer, and I just saw a youtube video suggesting it was a sequel of sorts to Willy Wonka. Insane yet convincing.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Just saw Doctor Sleep the sequel to The Shining, the trailer looked good and decided to go see it, well I have to say it didn't let the original down(I'm not saying it's as good as the shining but it's a worthy addition) definitely worth seeing at the cinema, it was a bit slow at first but it picks up. If you haven't seen The Shining I recommend doing so beforehand.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Just saw Doctor Sleep the sequel to The Shining, the trailer looked good and decided to go see it, well I have to say it didn't let the original down(I'm not saying it's as good as the shining but it's a worthy addition) definitely worth seeing at the cinema, it was a bit slow at first but it picks up. If you haven't seen The Shining I recommend doing so beforehand.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S Obi-wan!

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Finally watched El Camino the other night.

Wasn't shit, wasn't amazing - a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 I reckon. It was just like a longer episode of Breaking Bad.

Cool to see some of the old crew again. Couldn't believe how much weight Todd had put on! Looks like a completely different person.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I saw Midway in 4D. It didn’t need to be remade and the characters are all so bland. The story suffers from very spluttering pacing and a lot shoehorned in without much context if you don’t know the actual history.

The battle scenes though (and there are a lot) are very well done. It really feels like a battle.

It won’t win awards and I won’t see it again but if you get the chance, well worth a watch in 4D.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Finally watched El Camino the other night.

Wasn't shit, wasn't amazing - a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 I reckon. It was just like a longer episode of Breaking Bad.

Cool to see some of the old crew again. Couldn't believe how much weight Todd had put on! Looks like a completely different person.
It was lame. They had the perfect setup to turn it into this fucking epic manhunt for Jesse and they fucked it. I honestly thought that is what it was gonna be when they released this clip in the leadup which wasn't even in the movie.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
It was lame. They had the perfect setup to turn it into this fucking epic manhunt for Jesse and they fucked it. I honestly thought that is what it was gonna be when they released this clip in the leadup which wasn't even in the movie.
Good point - I was a bit miffed we never saw what happened to Skinny Pete when that big arse convoy of cops was headed towards him after they swapped cars.

Reactions: Tom

Renegade

NRL Captain
Watched The Devil We Know last night, a doco about how Dupont has essentially poisoned the world via our favourite nonstick surface, teflon!

99% of all americans have a compound in them called c8, which is used in the manufacture of teflon. C8 has probably links to 6 different types of disease, including cancer etc. Chances are, whoever is reading this, has it in their blood too. Another boiling frog scenario, been manufactured since the late 50's/early 60's, company knew about it in the 70's, got exposed 30 years later and all the while we've all been using the products thinking what great stuff it is...

Available on American Netflix - use express or nordvpn to access the library if you didn't already know.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter