Movie Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Line of Duty.

Decent cop vs bad guy movie if you're bored and have nothing to watch but it's not something I would watch again. It's not bad, it's just not great. Aaron Eckhart is good in it, though.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏

Super keen.

I think it'll be one of those things where the de-aging CGI is a bit jarring at first, but you'll just have to look past it and respect the performances (Which look incredible)

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Rambo Last Blood.

Not a bad ending to the movie series actually. I quite enjoyed it. It's more violent than the others and had a better story then I thought it would..

But you don't watch Rambo movies for their story or the acting, you watch it for the action and it definitely delivers.

It's worth the watch.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I'm about halfway through The Irishman, very good so far. The de-aging CGI hasn't been nearly as jarring as I expected, once you get used to the fact they look mid 40's in the face but still walk and move like 80 year old men, it's fine, haha.

Might take a few sittings, movie goes for 3 hours & 20 minutes.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Olympus Has Fallen. Even bigger piece of shit movie.

They could at least make these movies a little more realistic. A military response group taking so long to get to the White House? There is a military base just down the road. It wouldn't take so long for them to get there.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Olympus Has Fallen. Even bigger piece of shit movie.

They could at least make these movies a little more realistic. A military response group taking so long to get to the White House? There is a military base just down the road. It wouldn't take so long for them to get there.
Nobody goes into those movies expecting a good or logical story line do they?

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
Or the fact the 2 planes that could have shot down the AC-130 didn’t get into a good position to do so and were taken out.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Operation Finale.

This really could have been a great movie. Israeli agents on a mission to capture Adolf Eichmann who masterminded the transportation logistics that brought millions of Jews to their deaths in concentration camps. However, the film was poorly made.

It's a shame because they did have a pretty decent cast.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I'm about halfway through The Irishman, very good so far. The de-aging CGI hasn't been nearly as jarring as I expected, once you get used to the fact they look mid 40's in the face but still walk and move like 80 year old men, it's fine, haha.

Might take a few sittings, movie goes for 3 hours & 20 minutes.
I read the book a few years ago and thought the movie was reasonably faithful. It was long but I thought they should have used young actors to do the youngest parts. Frank Sheeran after he returned from war was only a young bloke, the de aged cgi De Niro looked 50-55 ! It was terrible that bit especially when he was acting as a truck driver.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I read the book a few years ago and thought the movie was reasonably faithful. It was long but I thought they should have used young actors to do the youngest parts. Frank Sheeran after he returned from war was only a young bloke, the de aged cgi De Niro looked 50-55 ! It was terrible that bit especially when he was acting as a truck driver.
Yeah I agree, the actual CGI part of the de-aging didn't look too bad, but the way the way De Niro walked and moved was soooo bad, you could tell he's a 76 year old man. The part where he was "beating up" the shop owner who disrespected his daughter was shockingly bad, I have no idea how that made the final cut.

Starts off with some awful glass breaking CGI, followed by images of a 76 year old man trying his very best to not look 76, and failing.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
The CGI took me out of it. There were parts with Pesci that looked like a shitty video game. Directing wise it's excellent, the acting is generally good. Interesting story.

On a different note, if those Star Wars spoilers are true...

Easy Sproj

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Yeah I agree, the actual CGI part of the de-aging didn't look too bad, but the way the way De Niro walked and moved was soooo bad, you could tell he's a 76 year old man. The part where he was "beating up" the shop owner who disrespected his daughter was shockingly bad, I have no idea how that made the final cut.

Starts off with some awful glass breaking CGI, followed by images of a 76 year old man trying his very best to not look 76, and failing.
Yes yes yes, the shopkeeper scene made me squirm! Also but to a lesser degree was the broken down truck scene, Sheeran was supposed to be 25//27 odd , not 57 !!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter