Movie Thread

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
The new Fast and Furious trailer.

That end of those trailers. No. Just fucking no. How are they possibly going to spin that shit?

I'll still watch the movie because **** it, something to watch. Although I do NOT like the fact it has John Cena in it. They tried Rousey in one of them, it was fucking terrible. I can't imagine this will be any different.
Am I missing something or did they pull a third sibling on the Torretto family out of their ass or has he been mentioned or made an appearance during the series?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Am I missing something or did they pull a third sibling on the Torretto family out of their ass or has he been mentioned or made an appearance during the series?
Nope, never mentioned or made any kind of appearance. He’s a secret brother apparently.

All I see is them running out of ideas badly and just whipped up a sibling rivalry in an attempt to get people to watch it.

I don’t see why they needed to when Cipher is still alive.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Uncut gems on Netflix. Great new movie.

Don't watch it if you're trying to relax though, the movie does a great job of stressing you out and giving you anxiety...
Watched it about a month ago, I enjoyed it. Adam Sandler in a serious role was actually a nice change, he did really well. I would recommend the movie to anyone who enjoys gambling, sports betting or basketball, very heavy influence on the film.

KG did a decent job as well imo.

Watched it about a month ago, I enjoyed it. Adam Sandler in a serious role was actually a nice change, he did really well. I would recommend the movie to anyone who enjoys gambling, sports betting or basketball, very heavy influence on the film.

KG did a decent job as well imo.
Very true
I actually thought Garnett put in one of the best acting performances by a sports person in recent memory.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Jojo Rabbit - wow 2019 was a great year for movies. Parasite, 1917 and Jojo Rabbit are my picks for the best three but even the next level down there were some absolute class films - Uncut Gems, Dolomite Is My Name, Endgame and Ford vs Ferrari. Unfortunately we also got The Mess of Palpatine.

I just watched Jojo Rabbit and I’m astonished. I have no idea how Waititi pulled that off but goodness, he did. Excellent film and extremely original. The performances were fantastic and if it were up to me, the main boy would have got a best actor nomination and his friend, the fat kid would have won best supporting actor, he was adorable and absolutely hilarious. It really makes you laugh and cry and the best original film of that style since Life Is Beautiful.

It will be a long time before we get with three movies as good as the aforementioned in one year again.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Can we include Dr. Strangelove in war movies? That was one weird and compelling movie that I feel was made well ahead of its time in many ways. Plus Peter Sellers in like three roles was great.

And it had Lee J Cobb, speaking of which, 12 Angry Man is honestly my pick for best movie of all time. It is a perfect movie in every way and given it is so gripping despite only being in one room with nothing really happening, it’s a masterpiece.
Wow, someone else gets it. I've watched the original (1957) version and the one from 40 years later and loved them both. I've told many people over the years that 12 Angry Men makes my list of 'the greatest'.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It was alright. A typical Bad Boys movie. Nothing spectacular.

I would have to watch it again but I noticed some missing scenes. There was a fight scene with Will Smith that didn’t make the cut, filming of that scene was uploaded by Will Smith on social media. It seems as though they changed the story a bit while filming.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Watched Green Book a couple of days ago with the misso and we both loved every second of it. Nice to walk away from a movie with genuine warm and fuzzies while wanting to talk to each other about what we’d experienced. A beautiful movie. On Prime BTW.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Watched Green Book a couple of days ago with the misso and we both loved every second of it. Nice to walk away from a movie with genuine warm and fuzzies while wanting to talk to each other about what we’d experienced. A beautiful movie. On Prime BTW.
Yeah great performances from the two leads. It is funny how different years have different movie qualities though. I don't think The Green Book holds a candle to any of Parasite, 1917 or Jojo Rabbit from this year. I'd argue even that if Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, Little Women, Dolomite is My Name, The Farewell or even Ford vs Ferrari came out in the same year, The Green Book might still have not won. Shows how good the top three from 2019 really were.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Haven’t seen any of those you mentioned, which means I’m in for a treat when I get around to it.

Not for lack of trying mind you. The Parasite copy I downloaded last year had issues with subtitles, and I forgot to try again. Then, my mate cancelled on me when I wanted to see 1917. Jojo is on my hit list as is Hollywood.

I’m not interested in comparing tbh, just genuinely enjoyed it. So hard to watch new movies with a newborn in your life...

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Haven’t seen any of those you mentioned, which means I’m in for a treat when I get around to it.

Not for lack of trying mind you. The Parasite copy I downloaded last year had issues with subtitles, and I forgot to try again. Then, my mate cancelled on me when I wanted to see 1917. Jojo is on my hit list as is Hollywood.

I’m not interested in comparing tbh, just genuinely enjoyed it. So hard to watch new movies with a newborn in your life...
Yeah don't get me wrong, I liked The Green Book, was a nice movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter