Movie Thread

Allo

NRL Captain
Catching up on all the MCU in order around what I’ve already seen. Caught up on the next two Thors, both GotGs, Spidey 3.0, and just watched Black Panther. Next up is Infinity War

Shuri’s kinda cute ngl, plus she has some sick Vibranium-Cheetor gauntlets

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Infinity War was the pinnacle, should have won some Academy Awards.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I... am inevitable.

And I... am Batman. And this is my sidekick Robin, hey guys we're new in town, which portal takes us to Spotlight, we need some more Spandex for our costumes.

Allo

NRL Captain
continuing on, Captain Marvel is done.

I don’t get what the fuss was on both sides. I think Larson said some dumb shit? Or it got some weird online sensationalism from the anti- (or hyper) feminists?

anyway, it was alright. Having real music seemed to not fit the sequences as well in this movie for some reason.

Endgame next

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Eye in the Sky

I had never heard of this movie and saw it was possibly Alan Rickman's last role. It had a slow start but once it hits its groove, it gets really good. As funny as it sounds, I got a 12 Angry Men vibe while watching it despite the fact the two films share completely different subject matter and pretty much everything else is different too. It is just the slow building tension and the weight of the decision gets increasingly heavier and heavier.

I would highly recommend seeing it if you haven't, great movie.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Eye in the Sky

I had never heard of this movie and saw it was possibly Alan Rickman's last role. It had a slow start but once it hits its groove, it gets really good. As funny as it sounds, I got a 12 Angry Men vibe while watching it despite the fact the two films share completely different subject matter and pretty much everything else is different too. It is just the slow building tension and the weight of the decision gets increasingly heavier and heavier.

I was just about to come in and post this myself.

I just finished watching it. A very edge of your seat type movie. One of those hidden gems.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Eye in the Sky

I was just about to come in and post this myself.

I just finished watching it. A very edge of your seat type movie. One of those hidden gems.
Just watched this tonight after reading your posts - good flick, and interesting to see the different perspectives at play when something like that goes down. I'm inclined to believe that much patience wouldn't be shown in the real world though...

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Just watched this tonight after reading your posts - good flick, and interesting to see the different perspectives at play when something like that goes down. I'm inclined to believe that much patience wouldn't be shown in the real world though...
If it were the Americans they wouldn’t have shown any patience, that’s for sure.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Watched Law Abiding Citizen last night as it came on after the cricket and managed to hold my attention.

Just had a Google and it doesn't seem to have too many favourable reviews, although Ebert gave it 3 out of 4 stars.

I really enjoyed it - a lot of it was quite absurd and unrealistic, but it's a damn movie, so I don't know why people get bothered by that. Worth a watch IMO.

7 out of 10 nings.
Good movie with a couple of good actors. Surprised to hear it's not well liked, I thought it was good too.

Watched a couple of movies lately.

Patriots Day. About he Boston Marathon with Marky Mark in it. Really good movie.

Richard Jewell. About the guy the FBI accused of the 96 Atlanta bombing. Really good, but fucking scary to think what they did to try and **** him over.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Good movie with a couple of good actors. Surprised to hear it's not well liked, I thought it was good too.

Patriots Day. About he Boston Marathon with Marky Mark in it. Really good movie.
I'm sitting here like, what the ****, I don't remember watching that... then I realised you've quoted a post from over four years ago. 😂

+1 on Patriots Day - a good flick.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk

Richard Jewell. About the guy the FBI accused of the 96 Atlanta bombing. Really good, but fucking scary to think what they did to try and **** him over.
Ive been watching a few docos on Netflix about innocent people getting railroaded by the system. Pretty scary the level of corruption and collusion that exists just to cover their fuckup for decades

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Members online

Twitter