Movie Thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
extraction, so good

It was alright.

The action scenes were good. The filming style when he's being chased is quite good. That's the kind of scene the one shot style works in.

Apart from that, the story wasn't very engaging. If it didn't have so much action, it would have been complete shit.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
It was alright.

The action scenes were good. The filming style when he's being chased is quite good. That's the kind of scene the one shot style works in.

Apart from that, the story wasn't very engaging. If it didn't have so much action, it would have been complete shit.

Isnt that the goal of an action movie though? Does anyone watch action movies for the storyline?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Isnt that the goal of an action movie though? Does anyone watch action movies for the storyline?

The story matters in any movie, even action movies. That's one of the things you learn when learning how to film one. If everything in between an action scene is going to be shit, most people aren't going to sit around and watch it. They will detach from the movie.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
The story matters in any movie, even action movies. That's one of the things you learn when learning how to film one. If everything in between an action scene is going to be shit, most people aren't going to sit around and watch it. They will detach from the movie.

Reviews and audience response would suggest otherwise...as would any Transformers movie or Fast and Furious.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
22 July.

I quite enjoyed that movie. I like movies that are based on actual events. They had a pretty decent cast for the movie. I felt the pacing was a little off but I guess the main focus of the movie was the aftermath so they couldn’t focus as much on the lead up to the events. It’s not really a movie I would watch more than once but overall I think it’s worth the watch. I don’t think people will be disappointed giving it a watch.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I know right but such a dumb name for a movie in that genre.

It really is. The name of the movie put me off it for a while there and only just decided to watch it last night out of boredom. I didn’t have high expectations going in but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The name just really lets it down.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I made sure to catch Baby Driver in theatres.

With Edger Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World) at the helm, directing a movie he'd been pitching for years, at the very least it was going to be fun and different. Hamm is a great actor and his transformation reminds me of Samuel L Jackson's in Jackie Brown. You can say what you want about the man, but Spacey is a tremendous talent and he elevated the movie.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Togo - Far out, I love dogs. This movie broke me...and its a family flick. Movies shouldn't be that emotional. It was excellent!

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Has anyone seen Labrinyth?

The girlfriend and I are taking turns selecting movies the other person hasn't seen, that we think they must absolutely watch. She's picked this.

David Bowie is a cool dude, but a musical about rescuing a baby from a goblin king is not exactly high on my list of appealing movie storylines.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.