Movie Thread

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
How have you not seen Labyrinth?

Yes, of course, Jim Henson, a childhood classic that was on rotation alongside Dark Crystal, Neverending Story, Princess Bride, Legend and all the high fantasy 80s movies.

It's a really fun Alice in Wonderland type of movie, where a young Jennifer Connelly befriends this crazy and unlikely cast of characters while they come up against the devishly charming Bowie.

Also really like the theme of the movie and the realisation Connelly comes to, it's pretty smart for a movie of it's type.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that you've never seen The Witches.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I'm making her watch Leon: The Professional tonight.

Jean Reno. 😍
I love that movie, but it's certainly one of those ones that could NOT have been made in 2020, for obvious reasons. Especially considering that it's come out recently the director / writer of the movie made the relationship loosely based on his own sexual relationship with a minor, who he impregnated when she was 15 (and he was 33).

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
I did not play that game haha.

She was not a fan of Leon! Basically for the reasons outlined in Unbreakable Unbreakable's post. She found the whole relationship between Leon and Mathilda very creepy.

I didn't know about the director's dodgy history until last night.

Jean Reno is still a fucking badass though.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Richard Jewell.

That's a good movie, I really enjoyed this one. I think Paul Walter Hauser did a good job playing Richard.

It really is fucked up what they put this poor **** through. Obviously not everything in the movie is going to be true, but just the way the FBI and the media went after him, with no evidence whatsoever is just ridiculous.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff

This movie was deadset the stupidest thing I've seen...and I loved it! Highly recommend it. It is Will Ferrell meets Eurovision.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarntheBroncos

Twitter