Moylan at 6

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/media-watch-bryan-fletcher-compares-roosters-forward-dylan-napa-to-former-australian-prop-glenn-lazarus/news-story/fc11f87574d3e648391cc1b92c4a050f

Daley wants to fit Tedesco, Dugan and Moylan in his 17.

1. James Tedesco
3. Josh Dugan
6. Matt Moylan

Would Moylan be a better move than Reynolds, Austin or Sezer?

It's unfair to expect Moylan to cope with the defense required at 6 IMO.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/media-watch-bryan-fletcher-compares-roosters-forward-dylan-napa-to-former-australian-prop-glenn-lazarus/news-story/fc11f87574d3e648391cc1b92c4a050f

Daley wants to fit Tedesco, Dugan and Moylan in his 17.

1. James Tedesco
3. Josh Dugan
6. Matt Moylan

Would Moylan be a better move than Reynolds, Austin or Sezer?

Having never even played there in his NRL career (I think) ??? Oh Laurie.

If he does that, NSW deserve to lose (again). Dugan is not that good at centre, Moyland is an unknown at 6. At least choosing Tedesco at fullback is their best option, though he'll probably go down injured very early on.

BUT, what if they go with a backline of fullbacks?

1. Tedesco
2. Mead
3. Dugan
4. Fergusen
5. Wighton
6. Moylan
7. Matuaitiatiaaitaiaaittiaaiaitteaiia

It will be up there with the Mark Gasnier at 6 selection. Pure insanity.

If he does that, NSW deserve to lose (again). Dugan is not that good at centre, Moyland is an unknown at 6. At least choosing Tedesco at fullback is their best option, though he'll probably go down injured very early on.

BUT, what if they go with a backline of fullbacks?

1. Tedesco
2. Mead
3. Dugan
4. Fergusen
5. Wighton
6. Moylan
7. Matuaitiatiaaitaiaaittiaaiaitteaiia

Coote was a 5/8 before so I would go with this combo

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Josh Dugan
4. Blake Ferguson
5. Jack Wighton
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Matt Moylan

Even if QLD did the same thing, ours would still be better. Haha

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. Munster
6. Milford
7. Barba

Moylan has very good ball playing skills and the composure he plays with is a bonus. Has been in form for Penrith since returning from injury. It would be a better selection than Pearce.

Moylan has very good ball playing skills and the composure he plays with is a bonus. Has been in form for Penrith since returning from injury. It would be a better selection than Pearce.

Anyone would be a better selection than Pearce.

Moylan is a better ball player than all the other fullbacks right now. Better ball player than some other halves options like Reynolds (both of them) or something too. Is it going to translate to the halves (or rather, what they want from their halves)? It's hard to say.

I can't see Moylan at 6 in Origin at this stage of his career. He'd struggle with the physicality of that arena, as well as the pressure he would be under.

In a few years, provided he can get the runs on the board at club level, he may well be a worthy candidate. At his age, experience level and coming off a lengthy rehab process? He'd get eaten up.

On a similar note, Tedesco is obviously their best option at fullback. Arguably as good a runner of the ball as Dugan, with far better vision and ability to engage his outside men.

I hope they don't pick him, honestly. Firstly because his class poses a threat. Secondly, I like the guy and enjoy watching him play. Once he wears the blue though? Irredeemable shitheel for life.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Coote was a 5/8 before so I would go with this combo

1. James Tedesco
2. Tom Trbojevic
3. Josh Dugan
4. Blake Ferguson
5. Jack Wighton
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Matt Moylan

Strong.

Roberts for Dugan, Dugan for Wighton: stronger

NSW don't have any threats in the halves other than what you post.

They are crazy if they don't select Coote either at 1 or 6

Last edited:
after watching lachlan coote the last few weeks ive realised how much of a class player he is, for me he has to be the nsw fullback

I'm a big fan of Coote but Teddy has been the best fullback in the comp for 2 years. As good if not better than RTS last year. There best backline would be something like:

1. Tedesco
2. Mansour
3. Morris
4. Roberts
5. Dugan

The wingersmay struggle with positioning but that is huge metre makers in their back three and potent attackers/decent defenders in the centres.

Carney was their one shining light in the halves until the piss thing so their halves are are a struggle but if fit I'd go:

6. Austin
7. Aeynolds

9. Farah

You'd have to have a pack that included Fafitta, Tamou, Klemmer, Beau Scott, Gallen. Beau Scott just needs to hit Thurston hard all match and make us rely on an out of form Cronk.

Jeynolds as a bench utility.

Yeah they're in trouble.

Last edited:
The NSW selectors would be mad to leave out Coote: FB or 5/8

NSW selectors are of course mad. Good for us

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bronx48
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.