Mr Consistent cements two more years

Allo

Allo

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Experienced backrower Alex Glenn has signed a two-year extension to stay at the Brisbane Broncos.

The 31-year-old, with 259 NRL games for the Broncos to his name since making his debut in 2009, has locked in with the club to the end of the 2021 season.

The former junior touch football gun produced another strong season in 2019, winning the club’s Most Consistent Award for an incredible the fifth time as he took on more of a leadership role.

The versatile forward first claimed the title in 2012 and again in 2014, before winning the sought-after award for the last three years straight.

Glenn said he was enjoying his role as an elder statesman among his talented young teammates.

“I’ve enjoyed being a leader for these boys,” said Glenn. “We’ve had 12 debutants in 2019 and they have all deserved their jersey this year.

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has been a strong advocate for Glenn’s retention as a key factor in bringing out the best in a developing team.

“His consistency sets a great example for our whole squad and his leadership is important to the players at our club working to fulfil their potential,” said Seibold.

“He always works hard and always gives his all – we want everyone at this club to follow the example that he sets.”

Last edited:
Meh.

I like Glenn, but this signing does nothing for me. Our most potent edge combination would be Fifita and Pangai.

That said, I think Glenn will most likely be left edge (where I think Tevita should be) and also likely to be the captain.

Captain dilemma? What captain dilemma? Do it Seibs, you know you want to!
[automerge]1574568933[/automerge]
Meh.

I like Glenn, but this signing does nothing for me. Our most potent edge combination would be Fifita and Pangai.

That said, I think Glenn will most likely be left edge (where I think Tevita should be) and also likely to be the captain.

Lets just hope in 2020 Tevita spends more time on the field than he does suspended on the sidelines. We don't have that worry with Alex thankfully.

Last edited:
I don't think Lexy will be in the starting line-up, it's pretty difficult to give him the captaincy if that's the case, at best he might be part of a co-captaincy with either Lodge or Carrigan.

I don't think Lexy will be in the starting line-up, it's pretty difficult to give him the captaincy if that's the case, at best he might be part of a co-captaincy with either Lodge or Carrigan.

Good point mate, hadn't thought of that potential scenario.

I don't think Glenn ever imagined he would be in the frame for captain, and neither did I in fact, yet here we are.

Captain dilemma? What captain dilemma? Do it Seibs, you know you want to!
[automerge]1574568933[/automerge]

Lets just hope in 2020 Tevita spends more time on the field than he does suspended on the sidelines. We don't have that worry with Alex thankfully.
You also don't have to worry about Glenn busting a tackle or creating something nowadays either.

It's a good signing in terms of the money he's being paid and the experience he delivers without being a liability like Boyd/ Macca. However, I agree with others that he shouldn't be near the starting side unless we have injuries.

Happy with this as well. Good bloke and good player to have around these young guys. I am still confused about the squad though. We named 29 players on contract for next season and now we have apparently added both Croft and Glenn. Someone has to be going.

He is only 31, hopefully he can do something similar to John Sutton.

Happy with this as well. Good bloke and good player to have around these young guys. I am still confused about the squad though. We named 29 players on contract for next season and now we have apparently added both Croft and Glenn. Someone has to be going.
Top 30 squad can be changed as much as they want until next season and can still be changed up until July, Hopoate is apparently set to drop out to and return to Sydney.

I think he's almost a certainty to start to be honest. I think he and Fifita will eventually be our starting back rowers.

Once Fifita serves his assumes suspension

I seriously do not get the under appreciation that Glenn gets. Hasn’t stepped a foot wrong his entire career. Does the 1%ers that most of time few notice. I get he’s not going to break the game open and win a match by himself. Do fans realise it takes a number of those guys in a premiership competing team to afford the “stars”. He should have been our Captain before Darius. He damn well is the guy we need for the next couple of years until others mature. Get behind him people. We could do a lot worse!

I think he's almost a certainty to start to be honest. I think he and Fifita will eventually be our starting back rowers.

Once Fifita serves his assumes suspension

Disagree, we're paying TPJ too much money to be on the bench and playing limited minutes. We need to just start him and play him 80 imo, I still believe this is comfortably our best option -

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Paix (Utility of some sort)

Disagree, we're paying TPJ too much money to be on the bench and playing limited minutes. We need to just start him and play him 80 imo, I still believe this is comfortably our best option -

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler

Yep, this is what I would do.

8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Pangai Jr
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Glenn (c)
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler

I actually like that Carrigan/Glenn captaincy rotation idea. Almost certainly at least one of them will be on the field at any one time. Additionally, one is at the start of his career, the other at the end. Glenn is the perfect mentor for Patty.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.