Mr Consistent cements two more years

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing that Glenn is more consistent and reliable, that's obvious. I just think we should at the very least give Tevita first crack to show that we have confidence in him, if he's the same player as last year, making poor defensive decisions, missing tackles, giving away stupid penalties, that's when we shift him back to an impact bench prop role in my opinion.
Confidence in a player is earnt, a starting position even more so, Glenn has proven time and again he won't let you down for 80 minutes of football. I don't doubt TPJ talent and potential, I do question his maturity and lack of discipline at present however as shown this season, he missed far too many matches and conceded cheap penalties because of it. He shouldn't be gifted it, he should earn it in 2020. Depending on what happens with Fifita he may get an early chance to still prove that.

Regardless where you stand, it's nice to see the forward pack has such depth and competition where you can really only say Haas and Lodge are certainties.

Last edited:
Flegler & Joffa will provide enough impact imo. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't start our best attacking players on the edges, that's arguably the most important position on the entire team to have guys who can create something out of nothing, we just happen to be blessed with TPJ & Fifita, two of the best something out of nothing guys in the comp.
Flegler and Joffer I don't really see as impact players... They're not the offloading, tackle busting boppers, more solid, run of the mill type of guys. Certainly not X factor players

“His consistency sets a great example for our whole squad and his leadership is important to the players at our club working to fulfil their potential,” said Seibold.

“He always works hard and always gives his all – we want everyone at this club to follow the example that he sets.”

If Siebs is serious about that, he makes Glenn the Captain

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing that Glenn is more consistent and reliable, that's obvious. I just think we should at the very least give Tevita first crack to show that we have confidence in him, if he's the same player as last year, making poor defensive decisions, missing tackles, giving away stupid penalties, that's when we shift him back to an impact bench prop role in my opinion.
I think that's what preseason and trial matches are for. If TPJ can show he's worked on that stuff during the offseason then I'm happy to see him get the spot, but he's got a fair bit of work in front of him defensively and as we all know, you know what you're getting with Glenn, so he's got a big job to try and unseat our most consistent player.

I'm 100% keen to see TPJ develop his edge game, but until it's more reliable than it is currently, I'm happy for him to come off the bench.

The consistency thing is a bit overrated. Would you prefer Josh Jackson or SBW in your side?
Would completely depend on the rest of the side I had and what I felt I needed most.

Not sure its a great comparison in the context of this argument though. Jackson and Glenn might compare similarly, but peak SBW is still quite a lot better than TPJ at this stage. SBW had X-factor and was still quite a complete and consistent player, which you can't say about TPJ yet.

Last edited:
The quotes from Seibold about wanting the players to follow Glenn and the stuff he does. Surely he is made captain. I honestly want Boyd to rot in Qcup and get absolutely mauled each week.

The consistency thing is a bit overrated. Would you prefer Josh Jackson or SBW in your side?
This is a terrible comparison. SBW, particularly with the roosters, was very consistent.

A better comparison would be Josh Jackson or David Taylor.

I'm not sure I'd agree that he's 'better' than Glenn. They're totally different players and offer different skill sets.

TPJ has huge swings in his form. At his best he can be devastating but at his worst, which still happens regularly enough, he can be a fair liability. His running game on an edge is on another level to Glenn, but his defence is still quite poor and especially compared to Glenn.

Glenn certainly doesn't have the explosive, match turning skill set that TPJ does. His best game is comfortably a level below TPJ's, but unlike TPJ his worst games are not that different to his best games and he's easily our most reliable player week in week out (as evidenced by winning this award 5 years running)

It's just horses for courses really and what suits the balance of the side best. TPJ can be 8-9/10 or 4-5/10, whereas Glenn is almost always a 7/10 and personally I think that level of reliability has been invaluable in the last couple of seasons.
It really comes back to the fact that you cannot have superstars in every position in your team and you have to have a few like Glenn, ultra professional, leader, someone you know what you are going to get virtually every game they run out. Glenn sits comfortably in with a group of players like Chris Johns, Michael De Vere, Darren Smith, Kevin Campion, Tunza.

It really comes back to the fact that you cannot have superstars in every position in your team and you have to have a few like Glenn, ultra professional, leader, someone you know what you are going to get virtually every game they run out. Glenn sits comfortably in with a group of players like Chris Johns, Michael De Vere, Darren Smith, Kevin Campion, Tunza.
If fielding a team of guys who have potential 9/10 - 4/10 performances in them on any given week was a good idea, the Warriors would have won some Premierships by now.

Last edited:
I seriously need to question you if you actually watch games or only highlight packages
Nope. I watch them. That’s when you see Glenn get tackled easily by halfbacks.
He scored two tries in 2019 because he doesn’t bust tackles and isn’t a threat at the line. His running game has declined markedly and his defensive impact is considerably overrated.

I feel sorry for Lexy,

Imagine having to take around a 50% pay cut whilst your still at least contributing amicably to the team with the likely added responsibility of having to take on the captaincy to guide us through this leadership void we find ourselves in whilst Darius is on 3 times the salary masquerading as a competent first grade NRL player.

Would be nothing more disheartening than being on a mediocre wage slugging your guts out doing the tough shit and then seeing your $700,000 captain take a fucking knee in a try saving scenario.

On a positive note this was a great resigning especially at the bargain basement price we got him on. Still is performing at a decent level and will no doubt have to take on more leadership responsibilities in 2020. Will be one of the best value players at our club in 2020 along with Croft, Turpin and Carrigan.

I feel sorry for Lexy,

Imagine having to take around a 50% pay cut whilst your still at least contributing amicably to the team with the likely added responsibility of having to take on the captaincy to guide us through this leadership void we find ourselves in whilst Darius is on 3 times the salary masquerading as a competent first grade NRL player.

Would be nothing more disheartening than being on a mediocre wage slugging your guts out doing the tough shit and then seeing your $700,000 captain take a fucking knee in a try saving scenario.

On a positive note this was a great resigning especially at the bargain basement price we got him on. Still is performing at a decent level and will no doubt have to take on more leadership responsibilities in 2020. Will be one of the best value players at our club in 2020 along with Croft, Turpin and Carrigan.
I hope he gets looked after by the club in some capacity when he finishes up.

I think last year he looked as good as he ever has, I would start him over TPJ, hopefully he matures like a Corey Parker and has another solid few years ahead

Can they structure the contracts with clauses to minimum results ? Like if the team misses the top 8 you might lose 10-20 percent of your money to be moved around to others if needed?
It seems that would help keep them honest to some degree.. that really annoys me thinking of the Boyd Glenn scenario.. choosing Boyd as a captain wouldn't of been made under any coach aside from Bennet in my opinion and was a poor decision

Can they structure the contracts with clauses to minimum results ? Like if the team misses the top 8 you might lose 10-20 percent of your money to be moved around to others if needed?
It seems that would help keep them honest to some degree.. that really annoys me thinking of the Boyd Glenn scenario.. choosing Boyd as a captain wouldn't of been made under any coach aside from Bennet in my opinion and was a poor decision

Well one positive that would come out of that hypothetical scenario would be you wouldn’t need a wild card system to reduce dead games as you would have probably anywhere between 14-16 teams in contention for a top 8 spot heading into the penultimate rounds when money is on the line seeing as money seems to be the only way to motivate 80% of players in this competition in the modern era rather then pride in the jersey and the community they are representing.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • john1420
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.