MS Office software

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
How many others have to use ms office...the cloud....onedrive.....onedrive for business etc etc?

If I had access to firearms, some days I'd go completely postal.

It's great when everything works and is in sync and does what it's supposed to do....., but its a **** teasing state of utopia that can't sustain itself for more than a few days at a time.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I use it day in day out for years now, but I've never really used the cloud side of things. It's never failed me. Anything important I email to myself, the one drive stuff looks appealing but I've never had the need to set it up.

Are you having sync issues?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I use Office, Outlook and One Drive at work. I don't use Office 365. I've also migrated my emails to Google Work Apps.

I only use One drive to save account invoices and quotes.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I use it day in day out for years now, but I've never really used the cloud side of things. It's never failed me. Anything important I email to myself, the one drive stuff looks appealing but I've never had the need to set it up.

Are you having sync issues?
Always.....but on and off. I know all the "fixes"..clearing cache.....exit & restart onedrive.etc etc

Almost work entirely through the cloud / onedrive / office 365

Not anything in particular caused my earlier rant

......excel has stopped responding a few times today.......server can not find file happened once today, before being resolved. Seems everything will be fine for a while....and then shit starts to happen. Usually after an update. I dread updates.

Couple of things about W10 are starting to really piss me off. "Save as" for example, ms telling me where it thinks I want to save stuff....no matter how many times I save files to the same folder, it keeps wanting me to go to where "it" wants me to save the file. W7 you could save repeatedly to the same folder and it would remember where you were saving after you'd done it once, and automatically open each at that folder.

MS Outlook 2016....what's with the big arse attachment icons that you can't minimise? So big that the last few won't even fully show themselves.

...stuff like that causes intense rage levels at times.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I can't honestly help with the OneDrive stuff, I simply don't use it enough to give solid advice there.

I think with the whole save as thing - Files save to OneDrive by default in Windows 10 - OneDrive - That might be what you need to mess around with to get it to save where you want.

I don't have Outlook on this computer so I can't remember exactly, but with the attach icons, can't you right click the top ribbon choose the customise option and change the icons around to get it to your liking?

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I don't have Outlook on this computer so I can't remember exactly, but with the attach icons, can't you right click the top ribbon choose the customise option and change the icons around to get it to your liking?
In 2016 version....no.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Good. That sort of shit needs to get out. All it does is cause confusion when shit gets moved around by users. Especially when trying to help them "Ok, click here" "IT'S NOT HERE" "Because you moved it you fucking numpty".

The saving to One Drive thing. Mine doesn't default to One Drive, which drives (lol) me fucking insane. Always Documents, even though I've just saved 10 things, and am following the exact same steps for each one, Windows is not bright enough to realise, shit guys, he's using One Drive again.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I customise the ribbon all the time, dammit! I need to check this out on Monday, stupid Microsoft removing features to dumb things down. By all the time, I mean I set it up exactly how I want it then leave it be. FFS MS.

Also, my office always defaults to fucking one drive and I have to change it back to documents every time. I don't make enough new documents to give a shit, but hey, it's still annoying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter