National Broadband Network

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Likely SuperLoop because I can get a month free with a coupon. Then when the price ups, I'll go somewhere else.

These dickhead new ISPs will soon learn what people like myself and Kimlo Kimlo do. We will leave for a better deal, so just give us the same deal and we will remain.
I wasn’t a big fan of SuperLoop earlier this year. Speeds were all over the show.

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Likely SuperLoop because I can get a month free with a coupon. Then when the price ups, I'll go somewhere else.

These dickhead new ISPs will soon learn what people like myself and Kimlo Kimlo do. We will leave for a better deal, so just give us the same deal and we will remain.
I'll be there in 3 weeks.

Hopefully they're as good as they sound because. I'll go with them until another deal pops up. Churn all the time.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
What technology are you on? Fixed?
Yep, FTTP.

Maybe they are better now. I was rolled over automatically to SuperLoop from Skymesh when Skymesh sold their fixed business. It seemed a bit premature at the time as SuperLoop barely had a backend for accounts. I changed to AussieBB because of this and low speeds. I was on 100/40 unlimited at the time.

Maybe the business has matured now.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Yep, FTTP.

Maybe they are better now. I was rolled over automatically to SuperLoop from Skymesh when Skymesh sold their fixed business. It seemed a bit premature at the time as SuperLoop barely had a backend for accounts. I changed to AussieBB because of this and low speeds. I was on 100/40 unlimited at the time.

Maybe the business has matured now.
Free 30 days. Will advise when I churn across.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Has anyone used Tangerine NBN?

Not overly happy with Aussie and looking to change. Tangerine are cheap, and seem to review pretty well, but cheap nearly always comes with some kind of drawbacks.

TPG might just be the easy choice. HFC is my connection.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
Has anyone used Tangerine NBN?

Not overly happy with Aussie and looking to change. Tangerine are cheap, and seem to review pretty well, but cheap nearly always comes with some kind of drawbacks.

TPG might just be the easy choice. HFC is my connection.
I’m looking to churn from Aussie BB as well. Cost is just too high now the discount has worn off. What did you guys end up with Nashy Nashy and Kimlo Kimlo ?

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
I was just about to come back and ask about SuperLoop as I found their $20 off for 6 months promo. I guess that answers that question.

Last edited:

Morepudding

NRL Player
Got an apartment in Brisbane that i will be staying at a couple nights a week that is FTTB. Anyone in the city have similar? Was honestly just looking at Optus to slap it onto my phone bill.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm with Vodafone NBN because their 100/40 speed at $69 a month is too good of a deal. To be clear, they are a big downgrade on Aussie Broadband but heck, $30 a month off I can deal with minor issues. I have had no dropouts or anything, it's been near perfectly reliable.

Nashy's experience with Vodafone was a nightmare so it's really a lucky dip with any of the companies that are not Aussie Broadband... Vodafone was and is 10x better than Telstra NBN though, so there is that.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Wow, that's terrible
As long as you don't sign a contract go for it man. Vodafone have the network guarantee and will refund you the entire month if you decide to go elsewhere. As long as you're not paying for a modem and no contract, I'd say definitely give them a go. It literally takes about 10 minutes to change provider, it really is that easy.

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
As long as you're not paying for a modem and no contract, I'd say definitely give them a go. It literally takes about 10 minutes to change provider, it really is that easy.
I was just having a squiz, and I think Voda make you pay for their 'Wi-Fi Hub' modem... unless there's a way around this? It kinda ruins the whole no contract thing, as even on their cheapest plan ($59), there is a minimum cost of $239.

Capture.PNG

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I was just having a squiz, and I think Voda make you pay for their 'Wi-Fi Hub' modem... unless there's a way around this? It kinda ruins the whole no contract thing, as even on their cheapest plan ($59), there is a minimum cost of $239.

View attachment 6811
Yeah you need to get on live chat and tell them you don't want the modem. They'll say nah it's not BYO but it is.

https://www.vodafone.com.au/about/legal/critical-information-summary/plans?planCategory=nbn+Plans

Their critical summary states you can get on the plan with a BYO which is the "premium" one in that list. You will have to tell them to read their own terms and eventually they'll say "oh okay sir let me sign you up with BYO option"

It takes about an hour on live chat to sort it out but for that price, it's the best deal around.

Screenshot of plan

I've been on it for 3 months now, only one dropout. Pings aren't outstanding but they're good enough. Internet speeds have generally been excellent all the time. I'll switch back to ABB if they ahve another $20 off for 6 month deal and then switch to Vodafone and rinse repeat.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter