National Broadband Network

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
I want NBN :( Surely living right behind the Gold Coast Uni and Hospital means I should get it sooner... right? haha

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Telstra paraphernalia in the mail says "in the next few weeks we'll send everything you need to make the most of NBN from day one"

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Something wrong there mate. Have Telstra activated it yet?
I'm not sure....but I have noted this in the flyer.

"After connecting your gateway and home phone, your move to NBN may take 1-3 weeks."

Is that the process you and Ning went through...?

What speed pack have you signed up for and how far are you from the node?
Well.....I haven't officially changed my package at all. I'm on a large family bundle Fast ADSL+2 (500GB). Telstra have sent me the new NBN modem and landline handset. I just figured my package will be the same....only on the NBN?

I haven't been notified that I'm required to change packages....

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
No. You need to ring them and actually run through the signup. It sounds like maybe they are killing off the copper in your area. But you will still need to have the switch done.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Hmmm...not too bad.

OK...so I was answered by a very sexy sounding young (obviously filipina) lady....and after we exchanged pleasantries she kindly answered my questions.

Me: If I've plugged in the new NBN modem, am I automatically connected to the NBN?
LBFM: No sir, I have you scheduled for the 27th May (~1-3 weeks time) before your NBN will be active

Me: Do I need to sign into a new plan?
LBFM: No sir, you're existing plan will be automatically converted to Bundle L - Telstra - Home Phone, Internet & Foxtel Bundles

Me: What kind of speed should I expect to see.
LBFM: Probably sir, a max speed of 20mb/s is what you can expect

OK....thanks. (and yes, you can send me your naked pictures to my email address. mr_fourex@live.com)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter