NEWS New development signing: Isaiah Tass

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane has signed former Mackay Jr, and Bulldogs 9's outside back, Isaiah Tass on a one year development list contract.

Kevin Walters said this about the prolific tryscorer:

We just wanted to get him into our system. Everything that we’ve seen from him so far has been good and positive. He’s a good kid, a good character. His game needs a bit of developing but he’s an attacking-style centre and has skills you can’t coach and we’re very happy about that. We’re bringing him home as well because he’s a good, young Queensland kid. We like to think we’re a club where we provide opportunities for Queensland kids. "

Bdc8f8f5dfc6993ab032e944bbe22e21

He’s been really good. He didn’t play a lot of football at the Bulldogs last year but we’re really happy with what he’s been doing. He’s good, strong character which is the type of people we’re trying to recruit here.”

McHunt

Last edited:
So does this complete our roster and it is now full?

The Broncos could have as many as five positions open if their official website is listed. If you include the signing of John Asiata, the Broncos have 27 players listed, but both Hetherington and Bullemor maybe on development deals. That means the Broncos may have to announce as many as four signings before the season is kicked off and will have to announce a final signing by the June 30 cut-off date.

he won't affect our roster ... it's a development contract.

If we had a space left on our 2021 roster, it is still there.

the list on NRL.com posted 2 days ago only has 24 players listed. there is no Bullemore, Mead or Kelly on that list. I'm pretty sure Mead has been confirmed. so assuming Kelly signs and Bullemore is promoted to the senior squad, that would take the squad to 27 (still need 3 more players)

he won't affect our roster ... it's a development contract.

If we had a space left on our 2021 roster, it is still there.

the list on NRL.com posted 2 days ago only has 24 players listed. there is no Bullemore, Mead or Kelly on that list. I'm pretty sure Mead has been confirmed. so assuming Kelly signs and Bullemore is promoted to the senior squad, that would take the squad to 27 (still need 3 more players)
I'm not sure Kelly would be signed either. Haven't heard anything since he was sent back to Souths for fitness.

Also Bullemor had an option on his development deal. Not sure if his option could've involved upgrading to the top 30, but you'd think the Broncos would announce something if Bullemor was upgraded to the top 30, even if it was just him accepting his PO

If Bull was upgraded to the top 30 you'd also think the Broncos would be announcing something, as it would likely include an extension or be counted as a "re-signing"

Last edited:
I'm not sure Kelly would be signed either. Haven't heard anything since he was sent back to Souths for fitness.

Also Bullemor had an option on his development deal. Not sure if his option could've involved upgrading to the top 30, but you'd think the Broncos would announce something if Bullemor was upgraded to the top 30, even if it was just him accepting his PO

If Bull was upgraded to the top 30 you'd also think the Broncos would be announcing something, as it would likely include an extension or be counted as a "re-signing"
Walters did say that Kelly was likely overweight due to the quantine he had to do when arriving from England and expected Kelly back with the main group after New Year. So about now.

why the Bulldogs continue to allow their best young talent to depart is a mystery...one of the reasons they have struggled for years...

From our POV, I'm not complaining...there are certain clubs who, if they allowed guys like this to leave, you would be asking yourself what do they know we dont..?

But, from the Bulldogs, hes probably a star...

why the Bulldogs continue to allow their best young talent to depart is a mystery...one of the reasons they have struggled for years...

From our POV, I'm not complaining...there are certain clubs who, if they allowed guys like this to leave, you would be asking yourself what do they know we dont..?

But, from the Bulldogs, hes probably a star...

But man, they kept Josh Jackson. The guy single-handedly wins games and accolades he wasn’t even there for.

But man, they kept Josh Jackson. The guy single-handedly wins games and accolades he wasn’t even there for.
he seems like one notable exception though dont you think? For the size of their junior development and nurseries....they should've at least half their starting 13 developed internally....

Walters did say that Kelly was likely overweight due to the quantine he had to do when arriving from England and expected Kelly back with the main group after New Year. So about now.
Just as well he wasn't being coached by Paul Langmack hey, Kev is a gentlman and also diplomatic

The Broncos could have as many as five positions open if their official website is listed. If you include the signing of John Asiata, the Broncos have 27 players listed, but both Hetherington and Bullemor maybe on development deals. That means the Broncos may have to announce as many as four signings before the season is kicked off and will have to announce a final signing by the June 30 cut-off date.
Gamble has a deal for this year too, even though he's not on the website. I can't recall who it was but someone on here said they were told first hand that he'd signed a new deal for 2021.

Gamble has a deal for this year too, even though he's not on the website. I can't recall who it was but someone on here said they were told first hand that he'd signed a new deal for 2021.
There's a few examples like that where I suspect they're on NRL deals but I'm waiting for official confirmation before I count them. I suspect Mead is also likely on an NRL deal and wouldn't be shocked to see Bullemor and Te'o named as NRL players either.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.