New Gaming/Work PC Build

Galah

NRL Player
Brisbane
Nice set ups
Does it work now? I know they had some batshit restriction on 2K. I can't imagine it would be an issue going forward.
its just running at 1080 I don’t have the ps4 pro as I’m holding out for the 5 and I was told the pro isn’t really 4K it’s just upscaled, just what I’m told though.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Nice set ups

its just running at 1080 I don’t have the ps4 pro as I’m holding out for the 5 and I was told the pro isn’t really 4K it’s just upscaled, just what I’m told though.
It could be similar for gaming with 4K in the 5, I'm not really sure. I doubt you'll have any issue in 1440p though.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
Despite Kimlo Kimlo 's excellent service and efforts, it seems like the old MBP is on its last legs, so I figure it's time to get myself a desktop PC again, and from what I can assume, it works out to be cheaper-by-way-of-being-better to DIY with individual parts, yeah?

With a slant towards gaming, I'd like something on the better side of average while still being as relatively cheap as possible. I'll check out other sources and guides online, but I'll appreciate any starting tips

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Despite Kimlo Kimlo 's excellent service and efforts, it seems like the old MBP is on its last legs, so I figure it's time to get myself a desktop PC again, and from what I can assume, it works out to be cheaper-by-way-of-being-better to DIY with individual parts, yeah?

With a slant towards gaming, I'd like something on the better side of average while still being as relatively cheap as possible. I'll check out other sources and guides online, but I'll appreciate any starting tips
Rough budget and I'm assuming nothing from the previous build can be used? The GPU is what I'm most interested in here. I was talking to Kimlo a little while back and from memory he was talking up the AMD 3300X as a great little bang for buck CPU. It's around the $200 mark I think.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Are you willing to wait a bit? AMD have their next range of Ryzen 4000 cpus and motherboards coming out later in the year and you maybe able to save some money or better on current range.

Allo

State of Origin Rep
It’s not an immediate project, as the MacBook does still work, but it’s something I need to get the ball rolling on by the end of the year. I’ve got plenty of time to research

Budget is kind of unknown but I guess as a maximum I wouldn’t want total cost to go over 2 grand when all is said and done (for the tower anyway). But until I see a bit of a example breakdown that may change if I’ve shot unders

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
It’s not an immediate project, as the MacBook does still work, but it’s something I need to get the ball rolling on by the end of the year. I’ve got plenty of time to research

Budget is kind of unknown but I guess as a maximum I wouldn’t want total cost to go over 2 grand when all is said and done (for the tower anyway). But until I see a bit of a example breakdown that may change if I’ve shot unders
That’s a pretty healthy budget if you’re only talking tower. You’ll get a very decent gaming system for that.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain

Haha, completely skipped the part that it was a Mac. My bad

Allo

State of Origin Rep
soup soup Yeah see I wasn't sure. I'm only using that as that's how much my MB Pro cost a decade ago haha

A solid quality all-rounder with a gaming slant. Will probably still be using the PS4/5 for the bulk of my gaming but if I need to it can handle it Nashy Nashy

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
soup soup Yeah see I wasn't sure. I'm only using that as that's how much my MB Pro cost a decade ago haha

A solid quality all-rounder with a gaming slant. Will probably still be using the PS4/5 for the bulk of my gaming but if I need to it can handle it Nashy Nashy
I just switched over from my 2011 17" MacBook Pro (souped up) as it had a terminal failure after serving me so damned well.

Just do whatever Kimlo Kimlo says and you'll be better off than by doing it in any other configuration.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If the PC freezes, it is most likely not the overclocked RAM unless of course it is.
Look it's hard to nail down between a shitty coded game, undervolted GPU and overclocked Ram

Allo Allo when you're ready to go ahead I'll be happy to help you out with a build or list of parts. 2k is actually a very good budget if it excludes peripherals.

No point suggesting parts now because in 3 months it'll probably be a different ball game so as soon as you want to go ahead let us know. New graphics cards are out in September, and likely new CPUs, so it's not the worst idea to wait a few months if not for newer stuff, but price drops on the current stuff when they get superseded.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Need some advice, slowly buying parts for a new Ryzen 7 3700x build. I'm looking for a case, power supply and what additional cooling would be suitable at a decent price.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X AM4 Motherboard (bought)
G.Skill 16GB RAM(2x8G) 3200mhz (bought)
MSI Nvidia MSI 1080 GTX (Current Machine)
Gigabyte AORUS 1TB M.@ NVME SSD PCIe GEN 4
SSD2 Samsung EVO 250GB (Current Machine)
SSD2 Samsung EVO 250GB (Current Machine)
ASUS Xonar DGX PCiE Sound Card (current Machine)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.