New Gaming/Work PC Build

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
I'm still living comfortably with my 1080, haven't really encountered any major performance issues, although I tend to play older games rather than new releases to be fair.

May look to upgrade to a 3070 or 3080 once the prices dip a bit in 12-18 months.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
I'm still living comfortably with my 1080, haven't really encountered any major performance issues, although I tend to play older games rather than new releases to be fair.

May look to upgrade to a 3070 or 3080 once the prices dip a bit in 12-18 months.
Yeah a 1080 is still more then enough for modern games really.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm going to wait and see what AMD announce but if they disappoint I'll be buying a 3080 for sure.

I'm hoping the reason NVIDIA went with good pricing and a proper performance jump this gen is because they know AMD has something good up their sleeves.

The 3070 looks like a killer card for a good price though. 2080ti performance for 800 dollarydoos is awesome. That's proper 4k gaming now achievable under 1k

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
And if your willing to pick up a second hand 2080ti you could pick one up for a real bargain.
Once the new cards release anyway. Kimlo Kimlo went for a look for funnies earlier and pricks are trying to sell them for 1K plus. Wankers
Looks like I'll finally be looking at upgrading my old 1070 to a 3070.
This is what I've been waiting for as well. My 1070 has been a damn good card though, no complaints and rock solid.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Especially with MSFS. How’s your rig handling it btw?
Not playing much of it, but she runs nice on some pretty average hardware. Not enough addons and planes in it yet though, so I'm back into my Prepar3d v5.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Once the new cards release anyway. Kimlo Kimlo went for a look for funnies earlier and pricks are trying to sell them for 1K plus. Wankers

This is what I've been waiting for as well. My 1070 has been a damn good card though, no complaints and rock solid.
Well yeah that is what I mean, wait till the new ones come out and the price will drop.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Well yeah that is what I mean, wait till the new ones come out and the price will drop.
I doubt it. The used PC parts market is shit, I can almost always find brand new parts for cheaper than what people try to sell second hand shit for. It's crazy.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
Once I move into my new place, I'm planning on using the smallest bedroom as an office since we're still working from home 3/5 days a week and it probably won't change anytime soon.

We use 2x 1980x1080 monitors as our standard setup. I was thinking of buying an ultrawide monitor for my home use.

These Kogan panels any good?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.