New Rules

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Well ......regarding the word filter. Couldn't it at least leave the first letter of the intended curse word?

Kinda loses it's zing without it.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
I don't come on the internet to be parented. This is so dumb.
Maybe you could be more specific as to what bothers you. Or is having any rules at all that you object?

As Nashy said, nothing will change in the way we moderate the forum. I think we're been pretty tolerant, and the mod rules are here for two reasons only:
1- Protect BHQ legally
2- Maintain an enjoyable and Broncos tinted environment where our members and newcomers feel comfortable to discuss almost whichever matters they wish.

The toughest thing to do is to find a balance that will work for everyone, especially those who can't see past their own nose, and forget this is a community!

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Couldn't you just do that manually? Say "fridge" was a bad word that was censored, couldn't you just write "f****"?
I tried that in the past nat, but was mercilessly pulled up by a mod for trying to break the word filter......

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
f*ck or f**k was not allowed......
And how is that not bypassing the word filter, especially the first example?

There's so many ways to bring your point across, why do you need to go to extra lengths to make sure there can be no misunderstanding about which vernacular word you're using?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Are you seriously asking me which method of bypassing the word filter is okay? :loool:

The official answer would obviously be NONE of them is OK, but each admin will use his discretion to determine whether to interfere or let it go.
The context will be important, as it's a very different thing to say that a ref's decision is FU, as opposed to using it to insult a fellow BHQ member.

Let's not get stuck in technicalities, but use our common sense when posting on BHQ, or anywhere for that matter.

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Maybe extreme words get censored completly and borderline ones allow the first letter?

The Magic F word would be **** where as the average S word would be S***

The Brizz

Deactivated
My issue has nothing to do with the rules about pirated material I can see exactly why you are serious on that issue and have no problem with you guys clamping down on that stuff, my issue is the crazy amount of rules and political corectness on this forum now. I don't see why the forum has to be PG rated.

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Because the general topic of the forum is a family sport and revolves around families.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
My issue has nothing to do with the rules about pirated material I can see exactly why you are serious on that issue and have no problem with you guys clamping down on that stuff, my issue is the crazy amount of rules and political corectness on this forum now. I don't see why the forum has to be PG rated.
Do you have specific examples?

The Brizz

Deactivated
I am not going to sit here and list anything Nashy, but I have been saying for a while now this forum is not nearly as fun as it was once upon a time when the members had more leeway to have an argument or a dig at eachother. I understand if someone gets upset as they feel someone has crossed the line, then in that instance deal with it but I feel the admins are way to trigger happy to stop anything at the slightest sign of "trouble".

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I am not going to sit here and list anything Nashy, but I have been saying for a while now this forum is not nearly as fun as it was once upon a time when the members had more leeway to have an argument or a dig at eachother. I understand if someone gets upset as they feel someone has crossed the line, then in that instance deal with it but I feel the admins are way to trigger happy to stop anything at the slightest sign of "trouble".
The only thing I've seen stamped out is taking a thread off-topic, and if the argument has already gone around in circles for days, with nothing extra, where the members are starting to get personal.

If you see moderation that you are not happy with, let us know. We're not going to bite your head off, we're going to listen to what you have to say, and at least explain to you why we did it.

If we make a wrong call, we can always undo it.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
I honestly don't understand what that would be good for. This forum or any other forum is to discuss opinions, not their authors. Besides, how far do we let these arguments go? Each person has a different limit, and while you probably will take a lot in your stride, others may get upset quickly. Who do we cater for?

I believe we are fairly tolerant with the sarcasm used by most people, and I don't see how stopping an argument that is threatening to get out of hand is too PC?

Besides, as Nashy said, we have a process we go through and a space where people can privately outlay their grievances with the way admins are moderating the forum. We evaluate and discuss our decisions, roll them back when we're wrong and strive to learn from each experience.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter