NFL 2019 Discussion

The Cheats crashing out in wild card round with Brady recording more INT’s than TD’s is just glorious.
I'm interested to hear where Pat's fans think they are heading next year.
@mrslong @Clintos + any others

Does Brady stay longer?
Does McDaniel take a HC position and not back out in the eleventh hour?
They need to reload in a number of positions.
Really ran out of weapons after during the season with Gordon going, then Brown, Sanu wasn't very productive.

I'm interested to hear where Pat's fans think they are heading next year.
@mrslong @Clintos + any others

Does Brady stay longer?
Does McDaniel take a HC position and not back out in the eleventh hour?
They need to reload in a number of positions.
Really ran out of weapons after during the season with Gordon going, then Brown, Sanu wasn't very productive.
It was a strange season. Brady has probably gone one season too long.
Yes, he didn't really have the weapons he would have liked, but he did not play well for most of the season and was carried by the defense.
Full credit to him - he's 42 years old and took a lot of hits that can't be easy on an older body.

I don't think that's the end of Brady. He said he wants to play until he's 45, and I think he meant it. He won't have liked how that game ended. Edelman drops an easy 3rd down conversion and then he gets taken off the field on 4th down so the defense can try to make the stop (historically Brady gets that ball), then the pick 6 to put the game beyond any doubt (on a poor pass).

He voided his own contract and forced the Patriots to agree that they wouldn't franchise tag him. He's not going to give the Patriots a home town discount, so I think he will just go to the highest bidder - which is really disappointing. I'd hate to see him in another jersey.

McDaniels is gone for sure I'd say. Brady may even follow him. That's the end of the Pats' dynasty, but I don't think that's the end of Brady.

I cant see Brady in another jersey next year other than a Pats one. The way they went out, I think he will be even more hungrier next year. One things for sure, they need to surround him with some better WRs. Who knows, Gronk might even come out of retirement. McDaniels will continue to stay because I don't think BB has many more seasons left in him and he will walk straight into the HC role at NE which is what he has always wanted

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady is back with the Pats next year, but I don't think Belichick is even close to hanging it up. In fact I think he'd love the challenge of trying to win another ring with a different QB with a different skillset to Brady.

Got to admit I'm a little anxious about the Saints-Vikings game today. I believe the defense has already shown up to the stadium but we're still waiting for the offense to arrive. Should be a good game when they do.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brady is back with the Pats next year, but I don't think Belichick is even close to hanging it up. In fact I think he'd love the challenge of trying to win another ring with a different QB with a different skillset to Brady.

Got to admit I'm a little anxious about the Saints-Vikings game today. I believe the defense has already shown up to the stadium but we're still waiting for the offense to arrive. Should be a good game when they do.
The next few weeks are going to be quite interesting in NFL circles.

I really did get the two NFC games wrong.
I don't have the same hate many 49er fans have of the Saints.
The offensive PI could have been called on the winning TD but wasn't.
It's always been a bit messy and it's happened again.
Would you agree the Saints have been a bit inconsistent this year and this was one of those games?

Would you agree the Saints have been a bit inconsistent this year and this was one of those games?

Absolutely. It reminded me a lot of the Atlanta loss, particularly the o-line's inability to stop the rush. I don't know if it was overconfidence or what, but they just didn't seem prepared at all to be in a fight, which is just dumb in a sudden death game. Adjustments came too late as well. It was also interesting to see defensive players getting visibly frustrated on the sideline. Don't normally see that with this team.

The Brees situation is also interesting. Like Brady, he'll be off contract in the offseason, and so will Teddy and Taysom. Big decision to be made there. I just don't know if Brees has a consistent full season in him anymore. Even with the break this season, there were still times where he just didn't look switched on. The pick today is a good example. Shocking decision, and it left me wondering if he was trying to emulate Hill's long competition to Harris not long before, to show he still has it.

I must admit to hating the Niners, but we've been on the wrong end of that relationship in recent history, so I feel that's defensible. I also hate the Vikes, though, so I don't know who to death ride next week! I'm a Ravens fan from here on out.

Condolences to Cul, Clintos & Mrslong. Good season guys. Better luck next year. Saints will still be good. Pats will still be elite, I have no question. The only thing that ends that run is when Belichick leaves.

@Big Pete
What are your thoughts on the divisional matchup coming up between our two teams?

Zimmer is familiar with Shanahan's scheme and have a very good defensive front.

We have 3 defensive starters coming back for this game against a Vikings team full of confidence.

I saw too many troubling signs in New Orleans to be confident of a victory. While the Vikings performed well defensively, when they had the opportunity to take the game away from the Saints they buckled under pressure. In the end, they were fortunate the game was able to go to OT where Cousins was finally able to come up with the play.

I don't know if Minnesota can pull the rabbit out of the hat twice. No doubt the decision to rest players against Chicago paid dividends, but now they're coming up with a well rested 49ers side who could potentially bully the OL which has been the Vikings weakness for as long as I've been following them.

Like the game against the Saints, I view it as the 49ers game to lose. They're a relatively inexperienced line-up and they could find themselves in a position they weren't ready for just yet. If the Vikings are to win, that's going to have to play a part, otherwise I just don't think they have the calibre of players across the park to get it done.

It was a strange season. Brady has probably gone one season too long.
Yes, he didn't really have the weapons he would have liked, but he did not play well for most of the season and was carried by the defense.
Full credit to him - he's 42 years old and took a lot of hits that can't be easy on an older body.

I don't think that's the end of Brady. He said he wants to play until he's 45, and I think he meant it. He won't have liked how that game ended. Edelman drops an easy 3rd down conversion and then he gets taken off the field on 4th down so the defense can try to make the stop (historically Brady gets that ball), then the pick 6 to put the game beyond any doubt (on a poor pass).

He voided his own contract and forced the Patriots to agree that they wouldn't franchise tag him. He's not going to give the Patriots a home town discount, so I think he will just go to the highest bidder - which is really disappointing. I'd hate to see him in another jersey.

McDaniels is gone for sure I'd say. Brady may even follow him. That's the end of the Pats' dynasty, but I don't think that's the end of Brady.
All of this is pretty much how it’s played out and will continue to do so I reckon. unless we can afford to pay Brady and also OBJ or some other weapons plus the million other free agents I can’t see Brady staying. 😭😭😭

I saw too many troubling signs in New Orleans to be confident of a victory. While the Vikings performed well defensively, when they had the opportunity to take the game away from the Saints they buckled under pressure. In the end, they were fortunate the game was able to go to OT where Cousins was finally able to come up with the play.

I don't know if Minnesota can pull the rabbit out of the hat twice. No doubt the decision to rest players against Chicago paid dividends, but now they're coming up with a well rested 49ers side who could potentially bully the OL which has been the Vikings weakness for as long as I've been following them.

Like the game against the Saints, I view it as the 49ers game to lose. They're a relatively inexperienced line-up and they could find themselves in a position they weren't ready for just yet. If the Vikings are to win, that's going to have to play a part, otherwise I just don't think they have the calibre of players across the park to get it done.

I think this is right. I can see a path for the Vikings to win but it would take them playing close to the perfect game and the miners being off.

Oh hell the Titans are blowing the AFC wide open. Got to admit I have been sleeping on them.

Jackson being exposed for nothing but a highlight reel. Turns out you need more than a HB that can throw a bit at QB.

Big Truss, whoop whoop.

Jackson being exposed for nothing but a highlight reel. Turns out you need more than a HB that can throw a bit at QB.

Big Truss, whoop whoop.

Please. One bad game. Ridiculous comment.
[automerge]1578807822[/automerge]
San Francisco were incredible. They are going to be hard to stop.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Griffo
  • K-Style
  • achievedrap
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.