Nick D'Arcy - booted again

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well done Swimming Australia, showing the balls that the court didn't.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 52,00.html

Seriously, 14 months suspended sentence...what an absolute joke that was.
Mick, tell me, if such a serious assault happened here, even aggravated by Simon Cowley's idiocy, would you escape without jail time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacey and Te Reo got suspended sentences and they chased a man and beat him, leaving him with a fractured skull and bleeding on the brain... I am sure there are plenty more cases were more severe beatings receive suspended sentences.

To kick him off the team seems so harsh to me. Why let him even compete in the Aussie titles if you are just going to kick him off anyway?? Would a rugby league player receive a two year plus ban if he'd done the same thing, not a chance.

Terrible decision IMO - This guy has already paid for what he has done by missing out on the biggest event he could compete in as an individual athlete not to mention more than 12 months of being a human headline. Cowley is a whinger and his little episode on TV recently no doubt contributed to this second lot of punishment.

I am no great fan of D'Arcy's but I hope he takes this to court and beats Swimming Australia

I agree, this is a terrible decision. He missed the Olympics, surely that's punishment enough.

I feel for the guy he got punished for this already by the AOC missing an Olympics and the courts made their ruling aswell. He did the wrong thing and plead guilty and has taken all the consequences since the incident very seriously, this talented swimmer may be lost now after one mistake that he keeps getting punished for.

Who thw Fark is Simon Cowley?? He must have done something for Darcy to belt him. I to agree that Darcy has had enough punishment yet the people who matter clearly don't. I'd imagine Darcy will go on a arampage in the next few weeks now.

Dave said:
Terrible decision IMO - This guy has already paid for what he has done by missing out on the biggest event he could compete in as an individual athlete not to mention more than 12 months of being a human headline. Cowley is a whinger and his little episode on TV recently no doubt contributed to this second lot of punishment.

I am no great fan of D'Arcy's but I hope he takes this to court and beats Swimming Australia

Couldn't agree more. He's now been punished 3 times for the one incident [icon_thumbs_do

Wasn't punished harsh enough by the courts, so good riddance to the punk.

Coxy said:

+1 Fark him. As far as I'm concerned he should be in jail. So should anyone else, regardless of their occupation, should they commit a crime like that.

Whats your thoughts on Lacey being re-signed by the Titans? And his suspended sentence?

He should have been sent to prison too, same with Te Reo. Whether they get employed after they receive their sentence is up to the employer... but if you can't get a job because of your actions then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

and also how long should be not allowed to compete for? Is this final punishment or still more?

Coxy said:

Mick, tell me, if such a serious assault happened here, even aggravated by Simon Cowley's idiocy, would you escape without jail time?

Mick will know more no doubt, but I know guys who have got as low as 6, and as high as 12 months suspended sentences for assault.

D'Arcy has been punished far in excess of a normal person IMO.

Not to mention it was aggravated assault.

Scotty said:
Coxy said:

+1 Fark him. As far as I'm concerned he should be in jail. So should anyone else, regardless of their occupation, should they commit a crime like that.

I tend to agree but any media involvement in these cases always distorts the truth of the matter.

Hammo said:
Coxy said:

Mick will know more no doubt, but I know guys who have got as low as 6, and as high as 12 months suspended sentences for assault.

Serious assault causing grievous bodily harm?

Hammo said:
D'Arcy has been punished far in excess of a normal person IMO.

Bullshit. He's got off easy the little ****.

Hammo said:
Not to mention it was aggravated assault.

Yes, if someone gave me shit and slapped me on the cheek I'd smash their face....response was far in excess of the aggravation and should've resulted in a minimum 6 month jail term.

Good decision! Shows the young punks they can't king hit someone and get away with it.

If I did that to one of my colleagues I would get the sack in a heart beat.

He didn't get away with it though. He missed the Olympics!!!!!!

Active Now

• Fozz
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.