Nikorima & Reed To Miss The Finals

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Bennett confirmed this morning that Kodi & Reed are out for the year.
Kodi had to get more surgery on his shoulder and will most likely miss the four nations as well

Bennett on Reed

"Jack won't be back this year," Bennett said.
"There are a few different prognoses going around at the moment but he won't be returning this year.
"It's disappointing for any player that can't finish the season. Long-term injuries will always disappoint them.

Bennett on Nikorima

"Kodi won't return," he said.
"Shoulder surgery was always the diagnosis, but we thought we could get him some games before the end of the year.
"We're running out of time for that to happen and it probably won't happen now.
"I don't necessarily think we are playing better with four forwards on the bench. If Kodi were fit he'd be there."

Reed, Nikorima out for the season - NRL.com

How big of a blow is this?

Last edited:
It isn't unless we get more injuries. Opacic just had a phenomenal game at left centre and is a carbon copy of Reed anyway. Seems he also has some of the pace and attacking ability Reed used to have as well. He is a keeper.

KNik's spark would be handy but we have been flying since he has been out of the team, not sure it is anything but a coincidence, though nonetheless, if we can keep our current side on the park through to the GF, we take out the 2016 premiership.

Kodi could have been a real xfactor in the finals for quick spurts off the bench. Reed had the writing on the wall earlier this season

Kodi could have been a real xfactor in the finals for quick spurts off the bench. Reed had the writing on the wall earlier this season

Earlier in the season he wasn't just coming on in spurts he was playing reasonable minutes and IMO lost that spark that made him so dangerous. As far as X factor goes, Milf and Roberts should be all we need... Roberts needs to get his shit together

I think that's the last we've seen of these guys in a Broncs jersey period

Glenn obviously doesn't have Niko's impact off the bench but I'd prefer him in the 17 at this stage anyway. Niko had great impact but couldn't provide much injury cover, whereas with Glenn we can handle any injuries in the back line, and if not he can run hard and tackle in the middle of the field.

I prefer the team we are currently running with. Kodi added something in attack when he came on more often than not, but we always looked a little thin in defence through the middle when macca would come off.

I feel sorry for reed going out the way he is but i dont think we lose anything with his replacment. Opa doesnt look out of place at all and im really happy with hows hes going. Has made a lot of good defensive reads and found himself in the right spot in attack. I havent seen him set up his outside man that i can remember but its early days. Maybe one of the guys whos watched him in the lower grades can comment on this side of his game?

When it comes to experience, it's a blow.

People can love Reed or they can hate Reed, but our left side was stronger with him there. Now Opacic has been going well, but when it comes to finals footy, we tend to see rookies struggle because the opposition goes up another gear, the games get tougher and there is a lot more pressure on you than in just a regular season game.

When it comes to Nikorima, his spark and energy when he came on helped us. We could miss that in the finals, plus he does have more experience in big games than some of the options we have on the bench.

But, this team has been going well without them lately.

I prefer the team we are currently running with. Kodi added something in attack when he came on more often than not, but we always looked a little thin in defence through the middle when macca would come off.

I feel sorry for reed going out the way he is but i dont think we lose anything with his replacment. Opa doesnt look out of place at all and im really happy with hows hes going. Has made a lot of good defensive reads and found himself in the right spot in attack. I havent seen him set up his outside man that i can remember but its early days. Maybe one of the guys whos watched him in the lower grades can comment on this side of his game?

He had a chance on Friday night.

He was put in a bit of space, Vinuvalu came in and left Oates unmarked, Opacic could have just passed it and we score. But he went himself and got tackled.

He made up for it by scoring another try, but I would like to think Bennett saw that and has got in his ear about it. Can't afford to blow opportunities like that in big games.

When it comes to experience, it's a blow.

People can love Reed or they can hate Reed, but our left side was stronger with him there. Now Opacic has been going well, but when it comes to finals footy, we tend to see rookies struggle because the opposition goes up another gear, the games get tougher and there is a lot more pressure on you than in just a regular season game.

When it comes to Nikorima, his spark and energy when he came on helped us. We could miss that in the finals, plus he does have more experience in big games than some of the options we have on the bench.

But, this team has been going well without them lately.

It was kinda strong except that one time it decided to double team Morgan whilst he threw a pass out the side to Feldt... [emoji31]

It was kinda strong except that one time it decided to double team Morgan whilst he threw a pass out the side to Feldt... [emoji31]

Yeah but that was on Oates, not Reed.

Reed needed to take Morgan. Oates needed to use his brain.

Yeah but that was on Oates, not Reed.

Reed needed to take Morgan. Oates needed to use his brain.

Oates had come in to cover Reed too many times during the season that it was ingrained. It's history now though.

Oates had come in to cover Reed too many times during the season that it was ingrained. It's history now though.

I've seen the footage. Spent a night looking through every single game.

This didn't happen anywhere near as much as people think...

Last edited:
I've seen the footage. Spent a night looking through every single game.

This didn't happen anywhere near as much as people think...
We are all still waiting for someone to prove it happened more than twice.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.