Nines / Trial Games

wow....we actually had a plan for that entire set of 6; unlucky with the top ball but defended well.....still....this is miles above what was dished out last year (6 hit ups then panic kick..)

Doesn't look like Kotoni got better hands over the off season.

A positional change of significance by the looks of it Glenn will move to the right and Fifita will get to stay on the left.

Glenn has been our left second rower for what 8 seasons? A Croft/Glenn combo might work in both their favours to be fair
This will sure up Brodie’s defence and that side. Milf is more than capable now and a combination with him and Fifita is exciting.

never really thought of this but...I wonder if long term having 1 million a year for 10 years allocated to Tamo is actually hurting them long term; in 12 months we will have a lot more options for player recruitment with guys coming off contract.....if Tamo gets seriously hurt for 12 months thats tough pill to swallow...

Well if I'm picking a round 1 team based on what I've seen so far this preseason, I'm going:

1. Bird
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Arthars
5. Coates
6. Milf
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turps
10. Flegler
11. Glenn (c)
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. TPJ
16. Joffa
17. Oates/Bullemor

I feel like Flegler was hitting hard in defence, and Arthars is looking for work. Arthars needs to pack on some size though if he wants to make an impact in the NRL.

Bird, Milf, TPJ, Haas, Turpin, Croft and Carrigan all had very solid first halves.
I really think Milf needs to move away for bombing every single kick though, he really needs to have a kicking variety or every team (as last year) will just be ready for a bomb at the end of every set.

Last edited:
Bird looked far better than Holmes. Milf, Turpin, and Croft looked good. Really good signs from the first half.
...yeh he did....but...

I feel this is a really big risk we are taking if the thought is to make Bird our new No1; 2 serious injuries and now we are asking him to play arguably the key position in the team....

Id like to see him eased back in via the centres but apparently Boyd is now the best centre at the club...:brickwall:

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • marw
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Skathen
  • bazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.